2GB Clip Shows Songs Installed but Can't Access

Bought my wife a 2 GB Clip for when she does workouts.  My son ripped and transferred songs and they show as installed but when she goes to access they are no where to be found.  My son has had his 4 GB Clip for some time and has no issues whatsoever.  What step are we missing?  Thanks.

@sunharrow wrote:
Bought my wife a 2 GB Clip for when she does workouts.  My son ripped and transferred songs and they show as installed but when she goes to access they are no where to be found.  My son has had his 4 GB Clip for some time and has no issues whatsoever.  What step are we missing?  Thanks.

Maybe try switching your USB mode. Settings->System Settings->USB mode…it gives you the choice of MTP, MSC, and Auto-Detect(or Defect). Either MTP or MSC should let you find your songs…then leave it in that mode. Anything added in one mode is invisible in the other, and the Auto can just confuse the entire issue:wink:

This might also be a tag issue. Sansa players rely on ID3 tags for navigation, and if the tags are missing or incomplete, the songs will be listed under “unknown” instead of the proper artist/album/title/etc. You can use a program like MP3Tag to fix bad tags fairly easily.

I would like to give a follow up and thank you both for your help.  It was the need to switch the USB mode as suggested by Marvin_Martian.  Once in MSC my son had no problems downloading songs.  My wife is most happy. :smiley:

gwk1967, I am going to have to look into those ID3 tags.  Thanks again.

Message Edited by Sunharrow on 04-06-2009 12:32 AM

@sunharrow wrote:

I would like to give a follow up and thank you both for your help.  It was the need to switch the USB mode as suggested by Marvin_Martian.  Once in MSC my son had no problems downloading songs.  My wife is most happy. :smiley:

gwk1967, I am going to have to look into those ID3 tags.  Thanks again.

Message Edited by Sunharrow on 04-06-2009 12:32 AM

Glad to hear it is working for you :smiley: