2 copies of each song showing up in Winamp?

I recently got a Connect, and it’s amazing. But…when I look at the song list in Winamp, it shows 2 copies of each song, when there’s really only one. What’s the deal behind that? For example, my first two songs show up as:
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
At The Drive-In - One-Armed Scissor
At The Drive-In - One-Armed Scissor
Not really a big issue, I’m just curious as to why it’s doing this.

Message Edited by silverhawk79 on 12-21-2007 10:46 PM

I see the same thing, but it doesn’t seem to have any affect on syncing.  FYI, Media Monkey doesn’t have this flaw, but MM can’t see the expansion memory (where Winamp can).  Neither is a perfect solution…

The Sansa Connect was designed to use the Yahoo! Music Jukebox and Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go service. Some of the features, such as playlists, may not function correctly with other applications and are not supported by SanDisk Tech Support.

You can create and transfer playlists from Winamp to the Connect.   You cannot transfer playlists from Media Monkery to the Connect.   Both MM and  Winamp can use playlists from the Connect.   Winamp is most compatible with YMJ’s tagging scheme.  Genre, album art, etc., renders more accurately in Winamp than in MM.  Overall, Winamp is a more capable alternative to YMJ for managing a large music library.   Y! admits that YMJ was primarily designed and intended to be client software for functions that interact with Y! servers (buying and downloading purchased music, downloading and licensing subscription tracks, sending playlists to the server for remote access, Launchcast).  

As far as the duplicate entries, I found that by clearing the media library and reloading it, it made the duplicaing entry problem go away.   Some other sequence of functions besides just loading the device contents causes the problem.   For now, it hasn’t yet returned. 

Too bad politics of Y! / AOL / Ian Rogers will forever prevent YMJ & Winamp from becoming one, but, for now, they at least coexist reasonably well.