http://www.woot.com/

Kay

Good luck on that

Saw it last night!  Woohoo!

Bought one just to have a spare…   :slight_smile:

@dr_jing wrote:

Saw it last night!  Woohoo!

Bought one just to have a spare…   :slight_smile:

Given Woot’s reputation selling quality merchandise, you probably should have bought 2. :stuck_out_tongue:

Based upon your prior post, this doesn’t make a lot of sense, Tapeworm.  It’s SanDisk’s quality on the refurb, not Woot’s.  If you don’t like SanDisk’s quality…

SanDisk doesn’t do the refurbs. Outside vendors do. That’s why SanDisk doesn’t give refurbs any warranty.

If you look up “Woot” in the search box you will see that a lot of people who got refurbs from Woot were, shall we say, not overjoyed. You might get lucky. You might get a bargain. But you might also get a piece of junk.

In other words, try it out thoroughly upon arrival. Transfers, voice recording, radio, audiobooks, everything. After 90 days, you’ll be stuck with it.

Cool.  Thanks for the info, B-R.  That’s good insight. 

I’ve had, so far, very good experiences with Woot products, so I’ll cross my fingers with this one.

I bought two 4 GB Fuzes (v2) through Woot about a year ago.  Once upon a time, refurb Fuzes were a frequent Woot! item.

Both still work, although the red one was useless for about 2 weeks, until I tried reformatting the internal storage yesterday.  Mine (black) has been absolutely trouble-free.  I use an 8 GB microSDHC card with both.

I realize I’m on borrowed time, but I won’t cry too much if my Fuze dies tomorrow.  I paid less than 50% of the new price, and it’s already lasted longer than the warranty on a new Fuze.

I’m not looking forward to replacing my Fuze.  I really like the design, but Sandisk has already discontinued the Fuze.  From what I read about the Fuze+, it looks similar, only with a bigger screen and possibly more durable controls.  I hate “touch” controls in general, but I guess they don’t have the mechanical issues of a physical button, so maybe I can live with them.

I’ve bought a bunch of players from woot for hacking.  Never had any trouble with them.

BTW, did anyone get one of these in yet?  Are they V1 or V2?  

Not yet.  Probably won’t ship for a couple of days, yet.  That’s my one disappointment with Woot is that they don’t tend to be the fastest shippers in the West.  But, understanding that and being OK with it, they are a good source of inexpensive goods (sometimes at a CONSIDERABLE savings over other vendors!).

@saratoga wrote:

I’ve bought a bunch of players from woot for hacking.  Never had any trouble with them.

BTW, did anyone get one of these in yet?  Are they V1 or V2?  

My first post!!! Weeeee!!!

Just got it in a few hours ago and am trying to install rockbox on it…

The version is listed in info as v02.03.33A

Does that mean that I have a v2 Fuze???

@jamesraykenney wrote:

Just got it in a few hours ago and am trying to install rockbox on it…

The version is listed in info as v02.03.33A

Does that mean that I have a v2 Fuze???

Yes.

Just got mine, and all seems well so far!

Is the Fuze supposed to come with 19 life-sucking songs pre-loaded?  They’re gone, now, but I was just wondering…

@dr_jing wrote:

Is the Fuze supposed to come with 19 life-sucking songs pre-loaded?  They’re gone, now, but I was just wondering…

Yes, there are sample songs pre-loaded.

And a couple music videos & photos too.

Yeah, those are gone too!   :wink:

And so far, seems to work flawlessly.  In fact, I loaded it up, and the wait while it updated was CONSIDERABLY shorter than on my previous Fuzes.  I think I’m going to get on well with this one…

Cheers!

@dr_jing wrote:

Yeah, those are gone too!   :wink:

And so far, seems to work flawlessly.  In fact, I loaded it up, and the wait while it updated was CONSIDERABLY shorter than on my previous Fuzes.  I think I’m going to get on well with this one…

Cheers!

The key is nice clean tags on your tunes. My V1 Fuze, 8+16GB, all full, took just over three minutes to refresh the last time I had it filled up. I’ll be curious to see how the V2 I am getting will compare to it…

I just got a new, not refurb, 4GB Fuze for $37 (free shipping).  Maybe not the best deal ever, but pretty good.

The seller seems to have plenty more:

http://tinyurl.com/23jlu4m

It’s a Buy It Now auction for $43.99, but the seller accepted a $37 offer.  He might even accept less, who knows.

Bob

eBay?  Too bad.  I don’t do eBay, ever since they started shoving PayPal down everyone’s throat.

Do let us know if you find any Fuzes for sale elsewhere.  Because I don’t think I’ll be able to put up with the touch controls on the new Fuze+, I’ve considered buying an extra Fuze as a backup for when the one I have wears out.

They also might make nifty Xmas gifts.