Won't read my MicroSD card

I just got the new Fuze+ because my old one got fried in some sort of short circuit when I tried recharging it in New Zealand. The old one was great; this new model ■■■■■ in every way imaginable. I may even return it.

The Fuze+ won’t read my MicroSD card with about 12 GB of music on it. When I insert the card in the Fuze+ and connect the Fuze+ to my computer, the files all show up in external memory. But when disconnect from the computer, the Fuze says there is no content and I get a “file system error! Please format the uSD Card to FAT32!” WTF?! Do I really need to reformat and lose all my files?

Thanks for any help.

JEP

Jeppollcat75 wrote: When I insert the card in the Fuze+ and connect the Fuze+ to my computer, the files all show up in external memory.

Since your computer can see the files on the card it should be possible to copy them to the computer’s hard disk. After that you can format the card using the player’s format function (in Settings menu) and copy your files back from the computer to the card. This may take some time, but you won’t lose data.

Perhaps there’s a filesystem error which is preventing the Fuze+ from reading your files. Your computer has a much larger “brain” than the device, so it can probably handle these errors, unlike your Fuze+.

I would recommend running a chkdsk on your card, and see if that helps.

Also, if your using a card with a class of 5 or higher, you might consider getting a lower-class card, as higher classes have been known to have problems.

If all else fails, perhaps the Rockbox firmware won’t.