Wmv drm movie

i just bought The Dark Knight on dvd and it came with a digital copy of the movie. i tried to add it to the fuze and it doesnt work, i tried Windows media player and the Sansa Converter, but nothing. am i doing something wrong? what can i do to add the movie into my Fuze player?

Message Edited by BatFuzeMan on 12-09-2008 10:40 PM

I’ve never dealt with DRM media because i try to stay away from it, however have you tried ripping the movie off the dvd with your own software? Perhaps a more controversial (but easier) way would be to just download the movie off the internet somewhere. Seeing how you already purchased the movie, I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. I’m not trying to condone “illegal” (technically legal in Canada) downloading in anyway.

Sorry WMV DRM is not supported.

will it ever be supported?

I don’t know if you know this, but DRM stands for Digital Rights Management, and in this case, someone else is managing your rights, rather than you managing your own rights. Stay away from things that are pre-DRMed.

Are you %#*&! kidding me?  Where does it say that in the information I got with my fuze?

@smitty wrote:

Are you %#*&! kidding me?  Where does it say that in the information I got with my fuze?

Wouldn’t dream of it.

But which “that” are you referring to?

@smitty wrote:

Are you talking about a list of things it is *not* compatible with?  Doubt you’ll find one (for anything).

WTF DRM?!

the whole thing is pretty amazing…

Overall, we’ve got too much time on our hands…

I registered mostly because of this post.

It is very likely your video will not be able to play on the Fuze.  This is because DRM is very restrictive and often kludgy and devices/software need to specifically support particular DRM schemes.  

This is not really Sandisk’s fault.  DRM is a nightmare through-and-through and I’d recommend avoiding ANYTHING with DRM.  DRM is specifically designed to prevent “unauthorized” playback and reproduction; usually this restricts the devices the media file can be played off of (as the whole point is to, again, prevent “unauthorized” copying).  It also limits converting to other file formats.

There may be ways to strip DRM off the file but doing so is probably illegal in many countries (although not all).

@mindlessmachina wrote:

I registered mostly because of this post.

It is very likely your video will not be able to play on the Fuze.  This is because DRM is very restrictive and often kludgy and devices/software need to specifically support particular DRM schemes.  

This is not really Sandisk’s fault.  DRM is a nightmare through-and-through and I’d recommend avoiding ANYTHING with DRM.  DRM is specifically designed to prevent “unauthorized” playback and reproduction; usually this restricts the devices the media file can be played off of (as the whole point is to, again, prevent “unauthorized” copying).  It also limits converting to other file formats.

There may be ways to strip DRM off the file but doing so is probably illegal in many countries (although not all).

I said in another Thread I have in the past been able to work around DRMs on other movies but as I started this process for The Dark Knight I realized it was a new style of DRM, Its bigger and more integrated on the disc. I am still working on it, This by the way is legal because it simply turns the DRM off, for conversion and copy to the player, if I tried to burn it would not work, 

Yeah, DRM schemes are constantly updated to try to break the work around.  It’s kind of an arms race.

I was merely noting that it -could- be illegal; technology laws are often written by people that understand technology very little.  I’m not passing personal judgment either way, if you are breaking the law or not, merely giving off a disclaimer…