Will mp3 files resume at the last played position in the file?

I am looking for an MP3 player that will automatically resume from the last position in the file that i have listened to prior to turning the player off.
It appears that Sansa Clip+ supports this for ‘audiobooks’.  Is it also supported for MP3 files? Or any file formats for that matter?  (I am not actually sure if there is a difference between an audibook and an MP3 file.)

thanks

peter g

As far as I know, the Creative’s products support the function you want, as long as they are the files the palyer can playback.

The Clip+ picks up where it left off when it was shut off–you’re all set.

With audiobooks, the Clip+ will do likewise for each of your books (not just the one you were on when you shut the Clip+ off).  

ok, great!

thanks

Almost every mp3 player will resume its place in the last file played if it is paused before being turned off. Very few players will let you play part of podcast, some music files, power down, then be able to resume its place in the podcast when you turn it on.

I noticed the Fuze+ added their resume feature (which is still buggy and a little incomplete) to ALL tracks, not just audiobooks and podcasts.  Has the Clip+ added this feature, or does it only offer the resume feature for audiobooks and podcasts still?

Audiobooks and podcasts, although it will start, when turned on, where it last left off in a music file.  Also, I don’t know what will happen if you put all your files in the Podcasts and Audiobooks files–if the resume feature then will apply to the music files put in those folders. 

Thanks.  With the old Fuze I always tagged my operas as audiobooks because I wanted them to resume like audiobooks.  I could still do this but would prefer not to.

Sandisk, any chance of expanding bookmarking to all music in the next firmware release?

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Thanks.  With the old Fuze I always tagged my operas as audiobooks because I wanted them to resume like audiobooks.  I could still do this but would prefer not to.

Sandisk, any chance of expanding bookmarking to all music in the next firmware release?

Most likely won’t be one.

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Sacrilege–tagging an opera as an audiobook!   :wink:

The creative’s products support the function we want, as long as they are the files the palyer can playback. This is the thing i love the most.

Know what I love the most?

Trolls that stay under their bridges!