What is the best media player to manage the music on your fuze?

What is the best media player to manage the music including syncing  on your fuze?

Thanks,

SR

Not iTunes.  Beyond that, Windows mediaplayer 11, MediaMonkey, WinAmp, are probably the most popular. As far as “best”, that’s tougher to answer. depends on how you use yor Fuze, what you listen to, etc.

I second what Marvin said.  Everyone will have their own personal favorite, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best.  I for one, cannot stand and refuse to use WMP or MM… but I rather enjoy Winamp.  But there will be people that sing the praises for WMP or MM.  It doesn’t mean that I"m right and they are wrong, we just have different likes…:smiley:

I believe the best one is none at all!

1. MSC mode.
  2. Drag & drop desired files.
  3. Done. It works. Nothing else needed.

You decide what goes on your player. You decide when it goes on. You decide where it goes. You control the actual transfer.

Not some flawed piece of software that you have to 2nd-guess and have to try and recover from when (not if, but when) it screws something up!

If you look at the number of people that post here claiming problems with ‘syncing’ (no matter which program they use, but mostly WMP) & MTP mode, and the people who experience problems with drag & drop in MSC mode, you’ll see that the ratio is about 100 to 1.

Doesn’t that say something in and of itself?

Myself, I’ve got better things to do than fiddle-f@rt around trying to figure out what went wrong with the ‘sync’ and trying to fix it . . . Like maybe listening to the music?

@tapeworm wrote:

I believe the best one is none at all!

1. MSC mode.
  2. Drag & drop desired files.
  3. Done. It works. Nothing else needed.

You decide what goes on your player. You decide when it goes on. You decide where it goes. You control the actual transfer.

Not some flawed piece of software that you have to 2nd-guess and have to try and recover from when (not if, but when) it screws something up!

If you look at the number of people that post here claiming problems with ‘syncing’ (no matter which program they use, but mostly WMP) & MTP mode, and the people who experience problems with drag & drop in MSC mode, you’ll see that the ratio is about 100 to 1.

Doesn’t that say something in and of itself?

Myself, I’ve got better things to do than fiddle-f@rt around trying to figure out what went wrong with the ‘sync’ and trying to fix it . . . Like maybe listening to the music?

Exactly.  I have never sync’d my player and probably never will…  MSC here; no sync, no subcription service and NO problems!!! 

Yes but you might want some software to optimize your tags and album art. Drag and drop wont do that.

@sansafix wrote:
Yes but you might want some software to optimize your tags and album art. Drag and drop wont do that.

“And on the 6th day, God created MP3Tag and album art.jpg’s.”

Besides, with some of the results I’ve seen with on-line databases, regardless of software I’d just as soon edit the tags myself so that they are correct. I’ve seen tags for completely different CD’s come up ‘automatically’ when ripping as well as wrong album art. This is hardly ‘optimized’. It happens much more than it should, and if you get lazy and depend on the software to do this for you, assuming it’s correct, you’ll find yourself in trouble . . . sooner rather than later.

But granted, if you use a ‘pay to play’ subscription service like Rhapsody or Napster, different strategies are required. Personally though, I’d rather ‘own’ my music, not ‘rent’ it. But to each his own. :smiley:

@sansafix wrote:

“And on the 6th day, God created MP3Tag and album art.jpg’s.”

Besides, with some of the results I’ve seen with on-line databases, regardless of software I’d just as soon edit the tags myself so that they are correct. I’ve seen tags for completely different CD’s come up ‘automatically’ when ripping as well as wrong album art. This is hardly ‘optimized’. It happens much more than it should, and if you get lazy and depend on the software to do this for you, assuming it’s correct, you’ll find yourself in trouble . . . sooner rather than later.

But granted, if you use a ‘pay to play’ subscription service like Rhapsody or Napster, different strategies are required. Personally though, I’d rather ‘own’ my music, not ‘rent’ it. But to each his own.

“And on the 7th day, God sat back, admired his work, plugged his earbuds into his trusty Sansa and rocked on!”

:smileyvery-happy:

Mostly I drag’n’drop.

I use Amarok too.  Some niceties over just drag’n’drop:

1. search by tag

2. you can queue songs up for transfer even if the player isn’t connected at the moment.   Amarok is the only program I’ve tried that lets you do that.

3. It is handy for deleting music from the player, again if you want to select by some means other than what folder the files are in.

Hey people thanks for the great replies.

But can you manage album art,track information and stuff from WinAmp?Is the sync process in winamp good?

Well I agree to the drag and drop thing but the problem is when you drag and drop it does not get into a folder!! 

@sr_rox wrote:

Hey people thanks for the great replies.

But can you manage album art,track information and stuff from WinAmp?Is the sync process in winamp good?

Well I agree to the drag and drop thing but the problem is when you drag and drop it does not get into a folder!! 

When you drag and drop, it goes wherever you drop it…sounds like you’re just dropping it into the root memory. You need to drop it into the Music folder:smiley:

Marvin i drop it into the music folder

@sr_rox wrote:

Marvin i drop it into the music folder

Ok, I don’t understand you. It seems like you say it’s not going into a folder, but then you say you are dropping it in the music folder. These are 2 different ideas, that are different. Which one is happening?

I think they mean individual files for artists inside the music folder.

@conversionbox wrote:
I think they mean individual files for artists inside the music folder.

I think so too, but I would like to clarify it with them before I try to explain it further.

OK.

Sorry for the bad clarification.

When you sync the files get nicely arranged as artist>album>then song within the music folder.But when you drag and drop the mp3 does not get arranged as artist>album>then song.

Thanks,

SR 

@sr_rox wrote:

OK.

When you sync the files get nicely arranged as artist>album>then song within the music folder.But when you drag and drop the mp3 does not get arranged as artist>album>then song.

Thanks,

SR 

OK, that probably means your original folders are not organized that way^^  :wink: . If you keep your files organized like that^^(artist>album>then song) , it would transfer onto your Fuze the same way. I spent a good bit of time fixing some of mine, and it definitely helped. How are they organized on your computer?

Winamp and MediaMonkey both work really well for syncing.  I use MSC mode + Winamp to manage all content on my Fuze and Clip and it works great.

@sr_rox wrote:

OK.

Thanks,

SR 

I was thinking today(for once) and I looked and Windows Media Player 11 has a setting that sets up a folder heirarchy on your device…this might solve your problem.

Marvin I have my songs organized in my fuze as artist>album>song.But when I drag and drop it doesn’t get organized as artist>album>song.This is my point.The mp3 gets transferred to the artist list on my fuze.