Unable to upload large mp4 to sandisk slot card

I use Any Video Converter to convert to MP4 movies. For some reasons, i can upload small movies like Youtube to the Sandisk memory card, but when it comes to 700meg movies, i cannot, but i can upload easily on the internal memory. My external card still have alot of space left.

What could be wrong ?

thank you in advance and yes, i did a seach on the subject and nothing came out.

I am not a Sansa expert, but I believe the problem may be that your memory card (like the one on my Sansa) is formatted in FAT32 format.  My understanding is that FAT32 only allows files that are 4GB or less in size.  I’ve experienced this when trying to upload large MP4 files to a 16GB USB thumb drive.

Formatting the card to NTFS will allow you to transfer larger files however, I am not sure if an NTFS formatted memory card will work on a Sansa player without any problems. 

Hopefully others can chime in here and shed some light.

But my large file is only 700megs big. Yes, the card is formated in FAT32. Any thoughts ?

blueshark wrote:
But my large file is only 700megs big. Yes, the card is formated in FAT32. Any thoughts ?

When you say “I cannot” load large video files onto the card, what exactly do you mean? What error messages are you seeing or is it that they transfer but do not play?

Just a hint . . . you might get more responses if you explain all details in your original post. Many people will not bother replying if they see they’re going to have to play 20 questions with you before they can help. :wink: