this device is write protected

when i connect my pendrive it is showing this device is write protected, i am no able to delete any file or copy in this so can you please help

If the problem is caused by the USB drive being removed quickly verses being Safely Removed the simple solution is to run a chkdsk /f command for the USB’s drive letter. Open a Command Prompt window to do that. If the Command Prompt says you need Admin privileges Right Click on the Command Prompt icon to choose Open as Admin.

If the problem is caused by excessive heat, voltage problems, etc you may need to copy all your USB files to the harddrive or another USB drive and return the USB drive for a replacement.

This issue can occur due to several reasons:

• Physical Switch or Lock: Some USB drives have a physical switch or lock that, when engaged, prevents any changes to the data on the drive. Check if your USB drive has such a switch and ensure it is in the unlocked position.
  • Registry Settings: Sometimes, incorrect registry settings or system policies can mistakenly set the USB drive to be read-only.
  • File System Issues: Corruption in the file system or bad sectors on the drive can cause it to become read-only to prevent further damage.

Check out this article to learn how to remove write protection from a USB drive.