I recently changed my Sansa Express to work using MSC mode using the following instructions:
- Plug in your device. It should be recognized by the system and installed as an MTP device the first time you plug it in. (If it isn’t recognized, see post in this thread: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum…ad.php?t=12603.)
- Open Device Manager. Find your Sansa Express under Portable Devices. Right click. Update driver.
- Select: No, not this time, Next.
- Select: Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), Next.
- Select: Don’t Search. I will choose the driver to install, Next.
- Be sure to check the box beside Show compatible hardware.
- Highlight USB Mass Storage Device, Next.
You’re supposed to be able to swtich back to MTP mode (I wouldn’t want to normally, but Audible manager only recognizes the Sansa Express in MTP mode) using the same instructions, except instead of Clicking USB Mass Storage Device you switch back to “MTP Device”, but mine doesn’t give me the option, it only says “USB Mass Storage Device.” I’ve tried uninstalling the MSC drivers and then rebooting, hoping it’d default back to MTP, but it won’t. I’m using WinXP SP2, so it should, right? Does anyone know if I can just download the driver so I can install it manually?
Edit: I notice its using USBSTOR.sys and not wpdusb.sys (like my laptop is using and it can switch back and forth fine) anyone know how to manually switch them out?
Message Edited by discordjack on 08-26-2007 11:32 PM