sansa sandisk e260v2 -neverending problems!

I have finally gotten my comp to recognize my mp3, only in forced msc mode, but now all I can do is charge it. It recognizes the device as an E200P, When I open the music file it shows empty although I have alot of existing music on it, also if I try to add any new music it shows up in the file but not on the player?  Any suggestions?

I have windows XP

so far I have updated the firmware- did not change anything…

Also my device used to work perfectly but my comp crashed awhile back and since I reformatted it the player has never worked properly.

I think if you add music in MTP mode you can’t see it in MSC mode.  You should switch back to MTP mode, copy the music off, and then readd it in MSC mode.

I would love to try that except the only way my comp will recognize the device is in forced msc mode…I havent figured out how to solve this problem…

@brightshoes wrote:

I would love to try that except the only way my comp will recognize the device is in forced msc mode…I havent figured out how to solve this problem…

MTP was introduced in the mid 2000s, and XP several years before that, so my guess would be you need to update XP to the latest SP and WMP.  Or just reformat the player and add everything in MSC mode from scratch.

I suggest the re-format of the Sansa also. Easy way is in Windows Explorer. Right click the device and chose reformat.

If the device will communicate in MSC mode, your USB data is OK.  MTP is a virtual mode on top of this, supported by Windows Media Player 10 and later.

On the device, manually hold it in MTP mode by disabling Auto Detect.  Settings > USB Mode > MTP.

Go ahead and plug in to your PC.  Right click on My Computer and select Manage.  Open the device manager and look for the Sansa listed under Portable Device.  With a little luck, you’ll see the yellow triange of Doom, next to the listing.  Right click on the device, and select uninstall

Simple, huh?  Exactly the opposite of what you’d think is necessary.  Go ahead, unplug the e200, wait at least 30 seconds, then plug in again.

You will be greeted with the messages “New Device Found”  and “MTP Device”.  You should be good to go at this point, and your music will once again be visible when using WIndows Explorer.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: