Stopwatch

Has there been any mention on adding a stopwatch feature to the Clip via a firmware update?  I really like the idea of this player for running, but it doesn’t have a stopwatch :cry:

Would anyone else like to see this feature?

i doubt it.

Create a playlist that is X amount of minutes long from start to finish. Then you can work run from the beggining to the end of the playlist

It’d be nice if there was a feature to keep track of your laps when running on a track, too :smileyvery-happy:  

Have you thought about getting a wrist watch with a stop watch?  I found some really inexpensive ones with stop watches and countdown timers for work.   It’d be nice if there was a feature to keep track of your laps while running on a track, too :smileyvery-happy:

Have you thought about getting a wrist watch that has a stopwatch?  I found some really inexpensive ones with stopwatches and countdown timers for work.   It’d be nice if there was a feature to keep track of your laps while running on a track, too :smileyvery-happy:

That would be nice if there was a stopwatch on the Clip!  It’d be nice too if there was a feature to keep track of your laps while running on a track :smileyvery-happy:  Have you thought about getting a wrist watch that has a stopwatch?  I found some really inexpensive ones with stopwatches and countdown timers for work.  

That would be nice if there was a stopwatch on the Clip!  It’d be nice too if there was a feature to keep track of your laps while running on a track :smileyvery-happy:.  Have you thought about getting a wrist watch that has a stopwatch?  I found some really inexpensive ones with stopwatches and countdown timers for work. 

I don’t own a “Clip” (yet?).  The fact that it doesn’t have a stopwatch is what is holding me back.  I’m looking to get an updated mp3 player.  I’ve been using a Rio S30S for quite a while now and it is starting to have problems.  I loved that player, because it was really built for using while working out or running.  The “Clip” seems perfect, but has no stopwatch :cry:

It is perfect for running/exercising!  It’s so small that you literally don’t even notice it’s there.  I run all the time with it.  I don’t really care about a stopwatch, since I just look at my wrist watch or use the good old fashioned stop running before I pass out sensor :smileyvery-happy:.  I couldn’t imagine being one of those ridiculous guys that goes to the gym with a huge brick of an mp3 player strapped to their arm.  Those guys look like such tools/posers.

There is no doubt that the “clip” seems great for working out.  I’m just hung-up on the stopwatch feature (and the ruggedness of the device).  It just seems like it was an oversight to not include a stopwatch feature on a device that at face value looks perfect as an excercise companion.

Navigating through screens while running or working out is impractical.  Clip the Clip where it’s out of the way (the headphone cord can whip about while working out or running).

It’s far safer to invest in a decent watch, even one with a heart rate monitor, or one of the new GPS devices, so you can find where you ran off to while navigating on the Clip!

It’s a wee music player, and one that you’ll be hard pressed to beat!  Timers and clock displays detract from its inherent simplicity.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I am far from being an apple fanboy, but i can respect the company. With that said, google up Nike + ipod. They have some shoes that keep record of your heart rate, distance, time, and all that stuff. You then plug it into the computer and it loads it onto a server for you. That way you can keep records and show your friends (or not, if it took you 30 minutes to run a mile)

Pretty cool stuff, but we are talking about some extra $$$ in order to invest in the shoes plus the player.

No we wont put a stopwatch into the Clip anytime soon.