Stereo to Mono Adaptor

Is there an adaptor, say at Radio Shack, that will allow me to take stereo output R & L channels of Clip and have both R and L channels in each earbud or a stereo earbud set, or a single mono earbud/earphone like used to be used with transistor radios and such?

Reason is that if i want to listen with only one bud in one ear then i only hear one channel or the other but not both. I would like to use one earphone yet hear both channels in that ear, not only one of the channels.

I asked at Radio Shack and of the the 3 clerks no one knew if they had an adaptor or even if it were possible to hear both channels in one mono or one of a stereo earbud set. Thought someone hear might enlighten me. Seem to somewhere in the past recall listening to both stereo channels through single phone bt cannot remember exactly where or how. Any advice or comments? Saw one stereo 18" male to two female 1/8" mono adaptor but they said it was for one output to two sets of earbuds, not a R & L channel to a monocular single output. I didnt think that was quite what the label said but I get confused looking at all these adaptors and just would like to listen to both R and L in one ear.

I thought that these mono plug adapters were pretty common, including at RS.  Aren’t they the ones that just have two separate sections on the plug, rather than the 3 on a stereo plug? 

I thought that these mono plug adapters were pretty common, including at RS. 

Is this what you need?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102690&y=11&y=9&x=12&x=12&retainProdsInSession=1&retainProdsInSession=1