SSD 100% usage time 0 W/R, S.M.A.R.T test short and long did not run

i am getting 100% usage time timw with 0 of w/r, computer freezes and é need retart it to use again, alredy formated and the problem comes again, i was in win7 and now win10 still…same problem

same errors in windows 10 log:

the device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block

dashboard sandisk says that is everything ok but when i try run the S.M.A.R.T test both short and long fail.

firmware is update.

someone know a solution for this problem?

Hi, I haven’t used windows in years, but

It seems odd to me that windows os would successfully format a disk with a bad block.  As I recall, it was very picky about valid media devices at one time.

From searching for the error msg , "

the device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block" that seems to be a pretty common issue.  You did not say if you had tried any of the suggestions on the internet for repair of the filesystem first, then confirming a hardware problem.  The main points I saw from a couple minutes search was:

* back up important data, NOW.

* checkdsk

* hardware diagnostics

If it was my problem, I think I would check the connection and power to the device first.  Then I would pull it and confirm in another machine.  I know windows can make this difficult, but you may be able to install it as a secondary device and run some diagnostics.

If the error is still present and you confirm a bad block, sometimes a successful read can help, so a byte level copy of the whole disk might help.  Or if it is still under warranty, I might just return it.  The sandisk SSD I use has a three yr warranty, very good for small price I paid.  It is still 100% after 3-1/2 years.  Thanks for reminding me to do another S.M.A.R.T. test. 

I’m not with sandisk, just a very happy user of their products.

Good Luck,

bw