some music showing some not?

Hi there

I have a sansa fuze, apologies if my question has already been asked but I could not find a solution.

I have some music in mp3 format that will not show in my player, when I plug it into my computer using drag and drop I can see the folders and mp3 in there but when I load the player they do not come up under artist or album, they do however come up under recently added.

This does not happen for all my music and I am unsure as to the reason why, any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Greda

Same problem here. When I add some music to a playlist in rhapsody and drag it to the fuze, some music will play while others will not. I’m running vista 32 with the lastest addition of rhapsody (to-go) and a Sansa fuze rev. 1 firmware 1.26.

Hi

I am just dragging and dropping my albums onto the folder, I am using Ubuntu Hardy and I’m guessing it must be either something wrong with the files and folders i’m trying to copy or the player itself because it is only some files?

@gredawarha wrote:

Hi there

I have a sansa fuze, apologies if my question has already been asked but I could not find a solution.

I have some music in mp3 format that will not show in my player, when I plug it into my computer using drag and drop I can see the folders and mp3 in there but when I load the player they do not come up under artist or album, they do however come up under recently added.

This does not happen for all my music and I am unsure as to the reason why, any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Greda

The big factor here is: “Where did you get the music?” If you got it from a service… you may be out of luck on those songs. Some services have DRM protection. These files have to be transfered in MTP mode. 

Some of the abums are ripped from CD’s that I own.  I may get in to trouble by sayin gthis but some are downloaded from the internet!

@gredawarha wrote:
Some of the abums are ripped from CD’s that I own.  I may get in to trouble by sayin gthis but some are downloaded from the internet!

The ones you ripped what format are they? Are they all MP3? The ones you Downloaded, where did you get them? It is possible that these have a DRM.

Well I am a bit aware of encouraging or promotng or endorsing illegal downloads based on what nation you live in.    Some of my music is ripped from cd some is downloaded from a wel known “pirate” i tend to download at FLAC and then convert to MP3 for my sansa>?

@gredawarha wrote:
Well I am a bit aware of encouraging or promotng or endorsing illegal downloads based on what nation you live in.    Some of my music is ripped from cd some is downloaded from a wel known “pirate” i tend to download at FLAC and then convert to MP3 for my sansa>?

Im a Musician but will save my rant on piracy… and that part is where I dont know… I do not know if FLAC can have a DRM or not. Rips can vary depending on the program that you use.

I am almost certain that there is no DRM on the music they are originaly FLAC then converted to mp3 for the Fuze

As you’ve discovered, with “unorthodox downloads” you run the risk of all kinds of corruption, and that starts with the digital kind.  Downloading your music from a legitimate source, one of many vendors today, assures you of a better copy, with the correct metadata.

Alternatively, you can rip the track from a genuine CD, in the format and resolution of your choice.  Much better.

µsansa

@gredawarha wrote:

Do the ‘missing’ tracks show up under Unknown in the Artist/Album/Genre menus?

If so, it’s probably a tagging problem.

Fuse firmware before the latest does not cope with ID3v2.4 tags, and doesn’t  cope with some character sets.

ID3v2.3 in ISO 8859 seems to work.

The new firmware is supposed to support ID3v2.4, but I haven’t tried it myself.

I use Easytag under Ubuntu. You can get it to rewite the tags in an entire directory tree in your selected format, so you can change all tracks to ID3v2.3 in one hit. 

Message Edited by daytona955 on 04-20-2009 06:56 AM

The problem is occuring with music I have ripped from CD’s in fact so far that has been the major problem

@gredawarha wrote:
The problem is occuring with music I have ripped from CD’s in fact so far that has been the major problem

You need to check what version of tags your ripping app is adding to your MP3 files. EasyTag will tell you. There is an Ubuntu package for it. Then use EasyTag to make the tags v2.3/ISO8859.