Slot Radio Card doesn't play

I bought a Fuze as a Valentine gift for my wife, and got a Slot Radio card at the same time.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware and the Fuze shows Slot Radio on the menu screen, When I put in the card and select Slot Radio it keeps showing me a box saying “Go to SlotRadio.com for 1000’s of songs.”

How do I get it to play?  This is my first experience with any kind of MP3 player or MicroSD card.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

rw

Did you put in the card while the player was off? If not then try that. A card should only be inserted or removed when the player is off. Did you insert the card all the way so that it clicked into place and is fully inside the player?

Thanks, that did it.  

I didn’t see any instructions anywhere that would tell me that, where should I look?

rw

I am having the same problem with the card not working. even went as far as to buy another fuze becuase i cant return the card once packaging has been opened.

when i click on slotradio icon i just comes up with slotradio.com website ad ,  i tried inserting card in fuze while off, turned it on it says refreshing media but when i try to use nothing is there.

any help will be greatly appreciated

You might try updateing the firmwware. SlotRadio card support was not native to the firmware versions on the older (but new) players. It was added fairly recently.

You might try updateing the firmware. SlotRadio card support was not native to the firmware versions on the older (but new) players. It was added fairly recently.

tried that its running 02.03.31a, just tried the above reply and after inserting card and turning back on it gets stuck in startup screen. so know i got two issues, only stuck with slot player card in fuze.

alpinecg wrote:

tried that its running 02.03.31a, just tried the above reply and after inserting card and turning back on it gets stuck in startup screen. so know i got two issues, only stuck with slot player card in fuze.

What do you mean, the card is stuck in the Fuze? Push it in again. You may have to use your fingernail. The mechanism is a push-to-lock, push-to-release type. Completely remove it from the player and try re-inserting it. If you listen closely, you will hear 2 very faint clicks, both when it engages and locks in and when you push it again to release it. Maybe you don’t have it inserted all the way?

its not stuck physically in player, the screen is frozen at startup, sorry for not being more clear. and card is properly inserted

alpinecg, do other cards work okay in the player? Perhaps you could take the card back to the store you bought it in and have them try it in another player? It could be that the card is defective. If the card is defective, they should be willing to replace it if you vought it within 2 to 4 weeks ago. if not, then contact Sandisk and see if you can get it replaced. First try to make sure it is the card that is defective and not the player. You could try downloading the firmware again and reinstalling it in the player. The firmware in the player might be corrupted.

i cant get it to work in either of my fuze players, one is brand new i just bought it yesterday. Thanks for the help.

Did you download the instruction manual for the player? It might not be there, as the manual is rather incomplete, and many details are left out.

It’s sounding more like a defective card. Do you have access to any other SD cards with music files on them that you can try to see if it recognizes those?