Site to download music and tv videos for fuze

I need a legitimate website to download music videos for sansa. What websites are recommended by sansa to be used for downloading music videos and TV episodes for sansa? I have itunes but it looks like one cannot convert itunes .m4v files to avi due to DRM issues.

-Sarab

DRM is a PITA. And iTunes has a monopoly on a lot of TV episodes.

On the video front, Apple’s walled garden looks attractive from the outside.Sansa just doesn’t have the same infrastructure for licensed content.

To convert m4v, you could buy Tunebite. It doesn’t actually break the DRM encryption, which would be illegal–it makes your computer think it is playing the video (at high speed) and re-recording it.

Music videos are also on Youtube, though and there are a lot of ways to save video from Youtube, including

keepvid.com , which does it for you online.   

I don’t know if KeepVid works on sites like Vevo or Hulu, where there’s a lot of official content, but you could try.

Keepvid downloads Flash video (.flv), which has to be converted to .avi.

Here’s one converter:

http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3010-2194_4-10661456.html

And then you need to run the .avi through Video4Fuze, which is better than Sansa Media Converter.

Of course, DRM and lack of interoperability–making it impossible for consumers  to buy something they are willing to pay for–also drive people to illegitmate sources for TV episodes and other material, which people upload to online storage like Megaupload, Rapidshare and Mediafire. Just stating that fact. Far be it from me to deprive those hardworking, fan-friendly  TV executives of their second BMW.

I can’t just get something off of KeepVid.com because it only has a limited amount of websites and uh… I wanna be able to download from other sites! Just to let you know.

You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you might find you get what you need.

Hey, Black-Rectangle,

Have you tried that Audial program for streaming VoD on like say Amazon purchases? If so, do you think it’s usable for stuff like that?

Sorry, I haven’t used it for that. You’d have to check out some user reviews.

@sanzafuze8gb wrote:

I can’t just get something off of KeepVid.com because it only has a limited amount of websites and uh… I wanna be able to download from other sites! Just to let you know.

You could try using the Video Download Helper add-on for firefox. It works well on more sites than I could ever hope to count, so you’ll probably be able to download anything from any site you go on. Or, if you don’t have/want Firefox (or you are just unwilling to install software, or whatever), you could try kcoolonline, which boasts being able to download videos from 273 different sites.