SDHC UltraII 4gb Card w/XP Pro sp3 "write protected" when isn't won't format, add, delete, zip

I have the above subject card and I’m frustrated. Sure, I flipped write protect lever back and forth waited 30 seconds, etc. all to no effect.  I called TS and they were of no help. They said, “try it in another computer” and I said, “even if it works in another computer, how will that help me make it work in mine?” I’m using their own, i.e. Sandisk All in One reader… so what else is left. I’ve seen other posts re the cards all of a sudden refusing Adds, Deletes, Formats, and I think the company ought to get off their corporate seats and address this problem. Tha’s my $.02.

Nathaniel

@nathaniela wrote:

I have the above subject card and I’m frustrated. Sure, I flipped write protect lever back and forth waited 30 seconds, etc. all to no effect.  I called TS and they were of no help. They said, “try it in another computer” and I said, “even if it works in another computer, how will that help me make it work in mine?” I’m using their own, i.e. Sandisk All in One reader… so what else is left. I’ve seen other posts re the cards all of a sudden refusing Adds, Deletes, Formats, and I think the company ought to get off their corporate seats and address this problem. Tha’s my $.02.

Nathaniel

Because if it works in another computer that means there’s something about yours that is causing the issue. The card is then proven not defective, and it narrows down the possible causes. Just like Sherlock Holmes, sometimes to find the correct solution means eliminating all in incorrect ones.

What could it be about your computer? Several things actually. Did you click on the link in the previous response to yours in the other thread and read it thoroughly? It speaks about write-protect problems with memory cards and offers some tips to try from repositioning the switch itself to editing your Windows Registry.

Did the SanDisk Tech Support suggest anything like this? Did you read the article and try the suggestions on your own? Is the card under warranty?

I have a MicroSD HC Sandisk card 8Gb with MobileMate card reader

My Reader is Write Protect, and there is no switch in the card or te reader.

I´m looking for a solution since mounths and all I can read is: Change your card, change your reader or change your computer.

I believe that SANDISK must solve the problem. This is a bug of your product.

I want a solution from Sandisk and nothing else.

Thanks.

I have the same issue and it is not the computers fault or issue it is the cards issue. The card was working fine was able to delete the pictures that were taken on it until recently and nothing was changed on the computer or on the card. This is Sandisk’s issue and it is obvious that you are pointing fingers since you have had sereral engineering issues in the past with other types of flash memory - i.e. Sandisk Cruzer, etc.

I will look for other solutions but this is purely an inconvenience.