Sd card 128gb doesn't work

Hello, i need some help, I formatted my 128 sd card, i use the sd for video with a camera, but
instead of there being folders there is an application that won’t open, i don’t know why, i try to formatted my sd card also inside a camera but it’s the same problem, the computer tells me that the memory is busy but I can’t access the folders with video and photo files.

It sounds like there might be a partition or formatting issue on your SD card. You can look for the file system. It should be something like FAT32 or exFAT for SD cards, or check for the hidden files.
Check for viruses and malware too as this could be a reason. Or, you will need to format the card and use recovery software to attempt to recover your videos and photos before attempting to format again. Stellar Photo Recovery is the best tool for recovering photos from Sandisk SD card.

1 Like

I totally agree with @lslizzysmith002 that there might be a partition or formatting issue on your SD card. The suggestions are already provided as you need to format the card. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info.

It sounds like there might be a couple of issues at play here. Let’s break down the steps to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check File System Compatibility: Ensure that the SD card’s file system format is compatible with both your camera and computer. Most cameras prefer the FAT32 or exFAT file systems, while some older cameras may only support FAT32. Make sure you’re using a format that is supported by your devices.

2. Use a Computer: Sometimes, formatting an SD card inside a camera may not fully erase all previous data or properly set up the file system. Try using a computer to format the SD card. Here’s how:

• Insert the SD card into your computer using an SD card reader.
  • Open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
  • Locate the SD card under “This PC” (Windows) or “Devices” (Mac).
  • Right-click on the SD card and select “Format.”
  • Choose the appropriate file system (FAT32, exFAT, etc.) and perform a full format (not a quick format) to ensure all data is erased.
  1. Check for Hidden Files: Sometimes, files and folders may appear hidden or inaccessible due to system settings or malware. Make sure your computer is set to show hidden files and folders. In Windows, you can do this by going to File Explorer, clicking on the “View” tab, and checking the box for “Hidden items.” On a Mac, you can use the Terminal command defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES to show hidden files.

2. Scan for Malware: Run a malware scan on your computer to ensure that there are no malicious programs interfering with the SD card’s functionality. Use reputable antivirus software for this purpose.

3. Test with Another Device: If possible, try inserting the formatted SD card into another camera or device to see if it can read the card and access the files. This can help determine if the issue lies with the SD card itself or with a specific device.

4. Backup and Restore: If you still cannot access the files on the SD card, consider using data recovery software to extract any important files. After backing up your data, format the SD card again and try using it with your camera to see if the problem persists.

5. Replace the SD Card: If none of the above steps resolve the issue and the SD card continues to show errors or unusual behavior, it may be damaged or defective. Consider replacing the SD card with a new one to avoid further issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the problem with your SD card and access the folders containing your video and photo files.

Thanks For this information.