Sansa Fuze ----> :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

I recently updated to the latest firmware (1.02.28). Now when I try to start is telling me

" … FAT is corrupted. Please conect PC and device to recover FAT "

help … please

hi my friend I am sory to hear your problem. because  of   I spend hours  on web  page  I could  help you with some  information.  

try to do theese  steps  

If for some reason device becomes unstable and resetting and erasing content doesn’t resolve the issue, the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool would clean up your device and restore it to factory settings

2 things to check before starting the Recovery Mode and to use the Recovery Tool:

- First, charge the Sansa Connect for at least 20 minutes using the AC charger to ensure this is not a battery depletion problem.

- Second, hold the power button for 8-10 seconds to ensure the device is turned OFF.

After these steps, you can put the Sansa Connect into Recovery Mode and use the Recovery Tool.

I copy  theese   from sansa  main web  page   pls check  the page before you do something. but I am thinking  like  thats  your solution.

I like to give you direct link  of that page  which  you can find  link for  recovery tool download page.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/863/kw/recovery/r_id/101834 

Except the OP has stated he (or she) has a Sansa Fuze , not Connect. Your advice, although well-intentioned will not help.

Plus the fact that the Fuze does not have a recovery mode. Please be careful when offeriing assistance. Posting wrong information soometimes can be worse than no information at all. :wink:

FHF wrote:

I recently updated to the latest firmware (1.02.28). Now when I try to start is telling me

" … FAT is corrupted. Please conect PC and device to recover FAT "

help … please

The firmware update you performed must not have ‘took’ or somehow got corrupted. Go here and follow the instructions to re-load it manually. Make sure of your Fuze’s model (Rev. 1 or 2) to insure you download and install the correct firmware for it.

Gazizeki wrote:

hi my friend I am sory to hear your problem. because  of   I spend hours  on web  page  I could  help you with some  information.  

try to do theese  steps  

If for some reason device becomes unstable and resetting and erasing content doesn’t resolve the issue, the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool would clean up your device and restore it to factory settings

2 things to check before starting the Recovery Mode and to use the Recovery Tool:

- First, charge the Sansa Connect for at least 20 minutes using the AC charger to ensure this is not a battery depletion problem.

- Second, hold the power button for 8-10 seconds to ensure the device is turned OFF.

After these steps, you can put the Sansa Connect into Recovery Mode and use the Recovery Tool.

I copy  theese   from sansa  main web  page   pls check  the page before you do something. but I am thinking  like  thats  your solution.

Except the OP has stated he (or she) has a Sansa Fuze , not Connect. Your advice, although well-intentioned will not help.

Plus the fact that the Fuze does not have a recovery mode. Please be careful when offeriing assistance. Posting wrong information soometimes can be worse than no information at all. :wink:

Tapeworm and Gazizekithank you very much

My OS is Windows Vista and my Sansa is Fuse. Rev. is 1.xx.xx. I’m a “he” … (by the way) :slight_smile: !(file:///C:/Users/Horta/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png) !(file:///C:/Users/Horta/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png) !(file:///C:/Users/Horta/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png) !(file:///C:/Users/Horta/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png)

I could see that Gazizeki’s solution is not for my case. Don’t worry …

I see no solution. If I connect my sansa to the PC does not recognize it. I think I will quit. since I got my sansa fuse is problems and more problems and now is worse.

Thank you any way … sorry about my English, I speak spanish

If the FAT is corrupted, simply connect in MSC mode.  If you were using MTP previously, start with the device OFF.  Slide the HOLD switch to the bottom (orange) position, and plug the Fuze in while HOLDING the center button depressed.

The Fuze will connect in MSC mode.

You can now check the volume for errors using the chkdsk utility or the Manage function.  This will recover the FAT, the File Allocation Table, on the Fuze.

If you cannot establish a connection, or the device is frozen, we need a wee bit more information.  Did it say “firmware upgrade in progress” following disconnect, when loading the firmware?  It’s entirely possible that resetting the device will do the trick.

Perform a soft reset by holding the power switch in the ON position for 20 seconds or so, then try powering up again.

If the device will connect, you can try manually applying the firmware again.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: