sansa fuze+ will it work ok in car with external speakers? what speakers?

Will it work ok in car with external speakers?  what speakers?   car radoi does’t work.  thanks  ernie

Yes, but I doubt whether you’ll be able to hear it. These mp3 players are only designed to power itty-bitty earbuds or headphones; their power is rated in milli-watts. They aren’t built to suffiently drive big 6 x 9 car speakers without a little help, in the form of additional power amplification from a car stereo unit or maybe a headphone amp.

Even whne pairing it with computer speakers, those speakers sitting on your desktop 2 feet away from you had better be ‘powered’ speakers or you’re not going to like the sound, if you can hear it at all. Throw in road, wind and a little rattle noise in a car environment, and you might as well just whistle your tunes.

Yes, but I doubt whether you’ll be able to hear it. These mp3 players are only designed to power itty-bitty earbuds or headphones; their power is rated in milli-watts. They aren’t built to suffiently drive big 6 x 9 car speakers without a little help, in the form of additional power amplification from a car stereo unit or maybe a headphone amp.

Even when pairing it with computer speakers, like those sitting on your desktop 2 feet away from you right now, they had better be  AC-powered or you’re not going to like the sound, if you can hear it at all. Throw in road, wind and a little rattle noise in a car environment, and you might as well just whistle your tunes.

what type of connections you got ?

most people i know use either ipods or iphones with an output on their car stereo

and i mean simply a standard stereo head phone style jack not the ipod connector…

so when im in friends vehicles i plug my Fuze+ into their stereo and it works fine.

but it depends what you have for connections + features on your car stereo

If ou want to connect Fuze+ directly to speakers then it is unlikely that you wil hear sound as Fuze+ can not drive big speakers.

If you have some head unit/ car cd player with Aux-in then you can connect Fuze+ with your stereo using Aux port.

Still other option,you can buy powered min speakers like X-mini or Altec orbit and have music anywhere you want.

@xpmule wrote:

what type of connections you got ?

most people i know use either ipods or iphones with an output on their car stereo

and i mean simply a standard stereo head phone style jack not the ipod connector…

so when im in friends vehicles i plug my Fuze+ into their stereo and it works fine.

but it depends what you have for connections + features on your car stereo

It doesn’t matter as

@ernie wrote:

Will it work ok in car with external speakers?  what speakers?   car radoi does’t work.  

ahh i c …missed that part lol

thanks everyone for information.MY car radio doesn’t work.everything shot,so,I will have to use powered mini speakers as suggested.  thank you    ernie