SANSA FUZE unsupported media format help??

Hey everyone so usually when i download videos they are originally flv files so i convert them to avi files using a video converter, then i use SMC (Sansa Media Converter) to transfer them onto my 8GB sansa fuze. Today when i downloaded videos i did the exact same thing, but when i went to go watch my videos on my sansa fuze, i would either get a black screen (which i would have to reset my fuze to escape out of) or a red box that said “unsupported media format”. I have tried to re-download my music videos and restart the process but i keep getting the same results, and i know i have enough space on my fuze so that isnt an issue either. please help me! what’s the problem and how should i fix it?

thanks for your help :smiley: 

Try converting them with video4Fuze instead.

Yea i tried that already too and i got the same blank screen that i got when i used sansa media converter

Maybe something has gotten buggy in your firmware. Try reloading it using the manual procedure from http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=38046 .

Yeah, I just reloaded it and got the same results. 

Is your player in the same USB mode (MTP or MSC) as it was before when you successfully were able to convert videos? Has anything else on your computer system changed?

I also get same error some times with video4fuze. XMediaRecode and WinFF converted files never played on Fuze with the given presets.

maybe. i recently added more space to my computer and before i did that i had to uninstall some programs. I might have changed something on my computer then. i’ll check.

@rock_c250 wrote:
I also get same error some times with video4fuze. XMediaRecode and WinFF converted files never played on Fuze with the given presets.

You have to re-mux the file into a specifically-structured AVI for the Fuze to read. Just run it through the command-line program, FuzeMux. Additionally, you can also use Avi-Mux Gui using THESE INSTRUCTIONS, although you will not be able to rewind or fast-forward more than a minute or two at a time.