Sansa e260

Hi, I just bought a sansa e260 and at the begining was not able to download music into the divice so I erased everything that had from the factory and then I wanted to download music and when I turn on the sansa says: not enough space for music DB, free 6 mB. I already updated to the firmware and saved it into the sansa and nothing has happened. Please help me. What should I do to solve this problem and to be able to download music into the divice??. I really appreciate any help.

Oscar 

Sounds like you deleted a little too much, “Just a little off the top, please.” :smileyvery-happy:

You’re going to have to format your player. Slide the HOLD switch on top of the player toward the headphone jack. You will see orange underneath.

Now make sure your Sansa cable is already plugged into your computer. With your player OFF , press & hold the |<< button on the left of the scroll wheel, and plug the cable into the bottom of your player. It should start up in MSC mode, without the pink ‘music db’ message.

Now, on your computer’s keyboard press (at the same time) the Windows key (between the Ctrl & Alt keys) and the ‘E’ key. This will open up Windows Explorer. In this window, you should see another drive called Sansa e260 (or something similar). Right-click on this, and you’ll see an option to Format…

Select this; on the next screen DO NOT select Quick Format. Click Start (or OK or whatever it says). It will then give you a warning that formatting will erase everything off of your device. Don’t worry, you’ve already done that :stuck_out_tongue: . Click OK and in a few seconds the format process will be over. Slide the HOLD switch back (NO orange showing) and un-plug the player. Re-start it and you should be back in business. :smiley:

And for the next time, be careful what you delete. If you have any other problems, please post in the e200 series board. This one is for Announcements only! :wink:

So I’m freaking out over here.

There’s no more information available on this site for the e260.

I need the downloadable software because I have a new PC and my music files and such need to be updated on my computer. 

But I can’t find ANYTHING on the e260

HELLLPPPP MMMEEEEEE!!!

-Sam:smileyvery-happy:

Freak -

You’re in the right church, but the wrong pew. This is the ANNOUNCEMENTS board! You know, for ANNOUNCEMENTS?

There are boards for _ all _ supported Sansa players plus a few more (like this one) for other subjects & discussions. The one you’re looking for would be the (appropriately-named) e200 series board and if you happen to be visually-impaired, you can follow this link to it.

So chill, Super-freak . . . everything you need is there. Except the downloadable software you’re looking for because there isn’t any software needed to update your music on your new PC. There is a Sansa Updater which automatically updates your e260 to the latest ‘firmware’, but you may already be up to date on that and the Updater really isn’t necessary. There are also posts with links to the ‘firmware’ releases if you wnat/need to update your player manually.

Regardless, you should be able to find anything and everything you need either in the FAQ’s, ‘stickie’ posts (shaded at top of board) or existing threads and discussions. Feel free to post there if you have a question or problem that hasn’t already been addressed.

Here are a couple more posts I highly reccommend you read before posting again. :smiley:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=1

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&message.id=20106#M20106

Freak -

You’re in the right church, but the wrong pew. This is the ANNOUNCEMENTS board! You know, for ANNOUNCEMENTS?

There are boards for _ all _ supported Sansa players plus a few more (like this one) for other subjects & discussions. The one you’re looking for would be the (appropriately-named) e200 series board and if you happen to be visually-impaired, you can follow this link to it.

So chill, Super-freak . . . everything you need is there. Except the downloadable software you’re looking for because there isn’t any software needed to update your music on your new PC. There is a Sansa Updater which automatically updates your e260 to the latest ‘firmware’, but you may already be up to date on that and the Updater really isn’t necessary. There are also posts with links to the ‘firmware’ releases if you want/need to update your player manually.

Regardless, you should be able to find anything and everything you need either in the FAQ’s, ‘stickie’ posts (shaded at top of board) or existing threads and discussions. Feel free to post there if you have a question or problem that hasn’t already been addressed.

Here are a couple more posts I highly reccommend you read before posting again. :smiley:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=1

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&message.id=20106#M20106