Sansa Clip Zip takes absurd amount of time to change songs

I’ve been having numerous issues with my Clip Zip lately, I recently added a single song, and then had to leave it on over night to refresh media (I am not joking here). Now it takes AT LEAST 10 seconds to change songs, this is absolutely ridiculous, and I want to know if theres anyway to fix it. My Clip Zip is the latest version.

EDIT: I just counted, 15 seconds. FIFTEEN SECONDS TO CHANGE A SONG. This is absolutely ridiculous. The 32gb is barely even half full, it should not be this slow, if somebody can help me I’d really appreciate it, otherwise I may as well just sell this thing and start saving up for an iPod or some other MP3 player that can actually change songs with ease.

There is something wrong with the player.  You might try reapplying the latest firmware manually (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum) and/or reformatting the player from its Settings (note:  this will erase your content on the player; if you want to save it, transfer it to your computer first).

And also, before trying the above, a simple reset could do the trick–hold the on button down for about 30 seconds.  

I think there’s something amiss with that “single song” that’s causing the problem. Most likely an ID3 tag issue. Try removing this file from the player (or card) and see if the problems doesn’t correct itself. If it does, then you’ve isolated the problem and know you have to edit the tag.

You might also try removing the card, powering up the player and see if it responds correctly, then turning it off and re-inserting the card. That can sometimes work as well.

Alright, I’ll give what you guys suggested a try, thanks.