Sansa Clip Will Not Shut Off

I have a sansa clip that just locked up with the power on, and it will not shut off.  What can I do to get it to turn off?

Hold the power switch up in the “On” position for over 10 seconds.

Thanks, I will give that a try.  Will let you know how things go.

It worked.  Thanks for the tip.

I have a sansa clip+ and can not get it to turn off. Mine too locked up on would not play any music - I had been using it with my Ford Sync system. I was able to finally reset it. I got it to turn off when I turned it on it no longer worked with my sync. I reset all the setting, reformatted it, everything I can think of and now it will not turn off nor will it work with my voice command in the car.  it does not have the slip type of switch, just a button on top. Any ideas? I am hoping if I can get it to turn off. And if I let it set for a little bit, maybe when I turn it back on it will work with the car. This is a brand new player - bought it 2 weeks ago because the old mp3 player was not compatible with sync.

The Clip+'s power button is on the top of the player, not the side. That would be the original Clip. To reset it, press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds.