Sansa Clip + Screen Glitch/Broken?

Yesterday, the screen of my Sansa Clip + would turn off at random, but music would still play, fiddling with the device or just waiting would fix it, but only temporarily. Today, it completely shut off, but if i plug it in I see all the charging animations. And I can’t tell if it’s on or not when its not plugged in, because I dont get the usual static from my head phones . Is it broken or can I just format it through my computer?

I was able to navigate to music and now i can play music, just without a screen. Has my Clip + just become an Ipod shuffle?

I would still appreciate help from whoever knows a fix.

Personally, I don’t know the answer–it could be a screen hardware issue (unfortunately). 

Saying that, I’d try a reset (hold the on switch down for 20-30 seconds or more) and see if that helps.  If not, I’d try and reapply the latest firmware update (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum), and hope that it’s just a corruption of the firmware code.

Is your player still under warranty (1 year U.S., 2 years EU)?  If so, you could contact SanDisk for a warranty replacement (which the big S is good about).

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us