Sansa Clip Plus Back up to Computer, How To

Sansa Clip Plus ver 01.02.15A
Windows 10 Home ver 21H1

Newbie questions: How do I back up music on the Clip Plus to my computer? All I can find is instructions to download to the player from Win Music Player. I want to do the opposite. I know how to back up iTunes, so I thought I’d try to drag/drop songs and albums using file explorer and Music player. I connected the Clip plus to the computer and opened the drive for the Clip Plus, and the music folder via Music Player. That’s where things got weird.

The music folder for the Clip Plus says there is one song from one album on the player, and that’s all.
Upon thinking I had some how erased all the songs on my player…I went back to the player and all the music is still there, but Music player apparently can’t see it.

I’m also unable to update the device, like many others apparently from all the topics here. This is an old Clip Plus and I’d like to be able to transfer or copy the music on it to another player and have a back up file on my computer.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Hi @granny75,

Please follow the steps connecting to your Computer

To connect the Sansa® player to your PC, follow these instructions:

1. Connect the larger end of the USB cable into an available USB port on the PC.
  2. Connect the smaller end of the USB cable into the dock connector of the player.
  3. The player will show “Connected” on its display screen.
  4. The player will appear in My Computer as Sansa Clip+. (In Mac OS, the player will
    appear on your desktop as a removable disk named SANSA CLIPP.)

You can transfer music from your computer to the Sansa® MP3 player using the drag-and drop method or using music management software like Windows Media Player.
Drag and Drop (Windows)
Follow these steps to drag-and-drop music to your Sansa® Clip+ MP3 player:

1. Connect your Sansa® Clip+ player to your PC.
  2. Select Open device to view files using Windows Explorer on initial
    connection or by going to My Computer.
  3. Double-click on the Sansa Clip+ MP3 player.
  4. Double-click on Internal Memory.
  5. Double-click on the Music folder.
  6. Drag and drop music files from your computer to the Sansa® MP3 player’s Music
    folder.
    You can also drag and drop files to a microSD™ card inside your player by going to
    My Computer > Sansa Clip+ > External uSD Card. You can only drag and drop
    files to the card if you have write permissions for the card.

Please refer below link to check more information:

Thank you, but that’s not what I want to do…

I want to back up music FROM the Sansa Clip Plus TO my computer.

Drag and Drop won’t work because even though there are roughly 1000 songs on the Clip Plus, when I connect to the computer as you outlined above… it comes up that there is only one song!

Could that be a file type problem?

Hi @granny75,

Please refer link to contact proper support team for more information : Ask a Question