Sansa Clip Firmware Update

A brief note for those concerned with the pitch error:

This issue “showed up on the radar” late in the present firmware release cycle, with the current build already in QA, no doubt.  As Sansafix has noted, a correction is in the works, hopefully ready for the next firmware cycle.

Now, if only a pitch correction were possible for a large number of today’s pop stars… Nah, I’ll stick with some jazz.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

This issue “showed up on the radar” late in the present firmware release cycle, with the current build already in QA, no doubt.  As Sansafix has noted, a correction is in the works, hopefully ready for the next firmware cycle.

Now, if only a pitch correction were possible for a large number of today’s pop stars… Nah, I’ll stick with some jazz.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Not a Britney Spears fan Bob? :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Yeah, I wonder when next firmware will be released… I just found out today, that my clip returned from sandisk service and they claim everything’s fine (although there IS a 2% pitch error). I wonder how they came to that conclusion. Can’t wait to read their notes. 

Next Fix will be in the Next Quarter 2009 So by the end of Jume.

@conversionbox wrote:
Next Fix will be in the Next Quarter 2009 So by the end of Jume.

Too late for me. But didn’t sansafix write ‘this quarter’ in some recent post? because they already fixed it, just need to do some QA stuff etc. Or maybe he meant fuze update only? I hope you’re wrong… :slight_smile:

Message Edited by bungl on 02-23-2009 10:15 AM

the clip Update Just Came out, so that means its time to play the waiting game. The Fuze Update however should be By the End of March.

@conversionbox wrote:
the clip Update Just Came out, so that means its time to play the waiting game. The Fuze Update however should be By the End of March.

OK, thanks. I was not aware of release schedule of sandisk devices.

Generally there is one every quarter (or so) until the player gets discontinued.

After the Updater downloaded and installed v02.01.32A, I added 3 podcasts to the music and podcasts already on my 4GB Clip.  Now, I am unable to see any of the previously installed files, either through My Computer or through Windows Media Player, even though I can view and play them on my Clip.  Wassup?  Do I just need to reformat and start from scratch?

Nope. Check Your USB Mode. Odds are your Clip Defaulted to a different USB Setting than you used to use. Play with it and see what you get.

Bingo!  It had defaulted to Auto-Detect, whereas I had used MSC mode.  All is back to normal now.

Thank you for your blazingly-fast response.

Am I dreaming or is this a REAL customer service which REALLY cares about solving their problems and REALLY wants to improve their product experience ? :manhappy:

I’ve eventually found the amazon of MP3 players customer care.

Well, all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you.

At last, a company understands that putting money in taking care of customers WILL in the long run bring even MORE money in the company’s wallet…

Thanks again, I have updated my Sansa clip firmware today, thanks to your childishly simple instructions.:smiley:

Works perfectly ! :smileyvery-happy:

I appreciate all of SanDisk’s support, and having established forums.  But keep in mind, it is people like you helping others like you that drives the forum; there are seemingly only a few paid SanDisk staff here (and, of course, thanks to them for all their efforts!).

few days ago i was shocked with such Clip error like -

when i turn off the CLP, i didn’t stop playback & just press power button up.

Then, when i tried to turn it on, the song starts playin’ but when i press PLAY|PAUSE it still plays, visualisation wasn’t active

Then i tried to change the song, but CLP still didn’t do that.

The only one thing helped me - reset

I have never before expirienced such a problem. I think it’s because of new firmware 01.01.32A

Message Edited by feromon on 02-25-2009 02:20 PM

@feromon wrote:

few days ago i was shocked with such Clip error like -

when i turn off the CLP, i didn’t stop playback & just press power button up.

Then, when i tried to turn it on, the song starts playin’ but when i press PLAY|PAUSE it still plays, visualisation wasn’t active

Then i tried to change the song, but CLP still didn’t do that.

The only one thing helped me - reset

I have never before expirienced such a problem. I think it’s because of new firmware 01.01.32A

Message Edited by feromon on 02-25-2009 02:20 PM

No problems here…with either 01.01.32A or 02.01.32A :smiley:

Just bought this player today (sansa clip 2gb) and i really love it. I looked at a small mp3 player with good sound quality and this was just perfect. And not to talk about the display its beautiful :smiley:

Anyway i upgraded the firmware to “02.01.32” and i noticed that the display light was weaker, then i looked at the settings and noticed that the light setting was on ~80% and i want to know if it were on 100% on the other firmware versions? Because i really liked when it was very bright it looked so nice, did the new firmware screw up my display or something? I have it on 100% now but i dont know if its so bright that it used to be. 

Another thing i noticed is that i can’t organize folders so i can see them on the player. I know that the player does not support to view folders but its so nice and easy to organize the folders on the computer. You guys must add that to the next firmware update!! other then that the player is perfect.

Greets Ninis Sweden

Message Edited by ninis on 02-25-2009 03:56 PM

@ninis wrote:

Just bought this player today (sansa clip 2gb) and i really love it. I looked at a small mp3 player with good sound quality and this was just perfect. And not to talk about the display its beautiful :smiley:

Anyway i upgraded the firmware to “02.01.32” and i noticed that the display light was weaker, then i looked at the settings and noticed that the light setting was on ~80% and i want to know if it were on 100% on the other firmware versions? Because i really liked when it was very bright it looked so nice, did the new firmware screw up my display or something? I have it on 100% now but i dont know if its so bright that it used to be. 

Another thing i noticed is that i can’t organize folders so i can see them on the player. I know that the player does not support to view folders but its so nice and easy to organize the folders on the computer. You guys must add that to the next firmware update!! other then that the player is perfect.

Greets Ninis Sweden

Message Edited by ninis on 02-25-2009 03:56 PM

Go to settings and play around until you find the word brightness or something to that effect, hit the center button, then use the arrows to try and adjust it.

Yeah, i have it on 100% right now but i am not sure if it is that bright that it were before, hope you understand.

Thanks for the fast reply

Ninis

thanks a lot sansa for newfrimwrae, altough still i can’t test it. is voice recorder improve?

i wish that sansa add txt reader to clip so it is great .

with my best regards

would be that possible to read text on oled screen with such resolution ?

Very funny… :smileyvery-happy:

CLP isn’t a smartphone or PDA. it’s just for audio playback ! And CLP do that very well

Message Edited by feromon on 02-28-2009 02:59 PM