Sansa 260v2 help please

I bought this player a year and a half ago and didnt really use it much, maybe twice because I had another mp3 player. Anyway, the problem I’m having is that the power button is not working. I hold it for anywhere from 15 to 60 secs and nothing happens. The only way i can turn it on is by connecting it to my PC. The only way to turn it off is by setting to auto shut-off and not touching it until it shuts off. I wouldnt mind this too much If it wasnt because I cant really carry my pc around to turn it on. So basically I have to leave it on when I leave my house for work, and hope the battery will last long enough so I can get to the gym after work and make sure I change the auto shut-off timer to --.  Any help will really be appreciated. I’ve been looking at the forums all afternoon and didn’t find any thread with the exact problem I’m having (I hope I didnt miss it, if I did sorry). Thanks in advance…

Message Edited by rdiaz on 03-25-2010 02:13 PM

Hello,

your Sansa seems to be defect. The power button normaly works without problems. If you have warranty-time, contact the Sandisk service. Afterwards you will get information for sending the player to an service center for reparation.

This is not a software problem or something else for all i know.

Best wishes !

yeah, thats what I was thinking. thanks so much for replying.