I have the following problem, my 400GB SanDisk Ultra SD seems to be locked and cannot write, delete any files nor format the card.
- I’ve tried various types of SD Card adapters and various USB ports.
- I am able to write to other SD cards, so it’s not a port / virus / software / compatability problem.
- The physical “lock” is in the unlocked position.
- The card is not corrupted since I can still read the existing data.
- I’ve tried to unlock the SD card using CMD commands, Regedit, and all the other software “hacks” I can find on Google.
- I’ve tried using other software to format it, but they do not work.
- I’ve tried using a different device (Camera) to format it, but it still doesn’t work.
Is there anything I can do to recover the use of my SD card?
Is this even covered under the warranty?
P.S. While it’s not a particular big SD card, it still cost me about $100+ so I really do not want to throw it away after using it for less than 2 years.