I’ve been lucky enough to get a great price on this Sandisk Extreme 240GB, and its benching pretty slow - looking at review sites like http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/sandisk-extreme-240gb-sata-3-ssd-review-equal-4k-readwrite-iops-performance-observed/3/
It seems like this SSD should be hitting at least 500MB/s, but I seem to be getting around 340MB/s.
Here are my specs
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Cloned Sector by Sector from older Sata 2 60GB SSD)
- Intel i7-2k600 (overclocked to 4.7Ghz)
- 12 GB PC3200 Ram
- Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard (using newest Sata drivers here: http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/#download)
- I’ve also used 2 different Sata cables - not that it matters, one of them is marked as Sata 3 600MB/s
- Why does AS SSD showing 102912 K - OK? Isnt that supposed to be 1024K? That looks kind of fishy.
- Bios is set to AHCI mode
I’ve taken a suite of benchmarks and theyre all consistently lower than other review sites -
Is it because i did a clone of my old Windows drive? The last picture shows slower speeds up to 70GB - which is about the side of the cloned drive
Any advise would be greatly appreciated - should i try and exchange this for another? 325MB/s is plenty fast, but still only about 60% of what other sites are showing