SanDisk Cruzer Launchpad removal error and missing CD drive U3 system

On my computer Cruzers can’t initialized the U3 launchpad. One of the cruzers I have i tried to use the Launchpad Removal progaram with the option of “Yes. This will take less than 1 minute to complete the operation.” to the question “Do you want the data from the drive restored after the drive is formated?” During that process it had a fatal error nad said to try again and if probelms persist go to the support page. I didn’t find anything that could help.Also in “Computer” I tried to open the drive and it staed it needed to be formated. It failed. The Sandisk Cruzer micro 2gb is now completely unusable.

The problems all started when I closed all the running U3 programs, right-clicked the U3 launcher, and clicked safetly remove. It stated that there was a u3 program running bet I didn’t see any active U3 program active. I then opened Task Manager to check for a U3 program, but found none. I then clicked accept, remove or ok and then removed the USB drive. I reconnected it and the U3 launcher never completed Initializing.

Possibly Useful Information

My OS: Windows Vista x84

I installed the U3 launcher on the computer

Password protection was on 

Message Edited by krosk on 08-29-2009 07:29 PM

@krosk wrote:

On my computer Cruzers can’t initialized the U3 launchpad. One of the cruzers I have i tried to use the Launchpad Removal progaram with the option of “Yes. This will take less than 1 minute to complete the operation.” to the question “Do you want the data from the drive restored after the drive is formated?” During that process it had a fatal error nad said to try again and if probelms persist go to the support page. I didn’t find anything that could help.

The problems all started when I closed all the running U3 programs, right-clicked the U3 launcher, and clicked safetly remove. It stated that there was a u3 program running bet I didn’t see any active U3 program active. I then opened Task Manager to check for a U3 program, but found none. I then clicked accept, remove or ok and then removed the USB drive. I reconnected it and the U3 launcher never completed Initializing.

I installed the U3 laucher on the computer

This is the Sansa Community forum, geared toward SanDisk’s Sansa line of mp3 players.

You should post in the Sandisk Community forum for SanDisk product other than mp3 players.

In particular, I’m thinking the Cruzers With U3 board would yield you the most & best results. :wink:

@krosk wrote:

On my computer Cruzers can’t initialized the U3 launchpad. One of the cruzers I have i tried to use the Launchpad Removal progaram with the option of “Yes. This will take less than 1 minute to complete the operation.” to the question “Do you want the data from the drive restored after the drive is formated?” During that process it had a fatal error nad said to try again and if probelms persist go to the support page. I didn’t find anything that could help.

This is the Sansa Community forum, geared toward SanDisk’s Sansa line of mp3 players.

You should post in the Sandisk Community forum for SanDisk product other than mp3 players.

In particular, I’m thinking the Cruzers With U3 board would yield you the most & best results. :wink:

@krosk wrote:

You should post in the Sandisk Community forum for SanDisk products other than mp3 players.