No one has ever reported a replacement from SanDisk having the problem again.
The problem appears to have been a manufacturing problem of a batch rather than a design problem.
No one has ever reported a replacement from SanDisk having the problem again.
The problem appears to have been a manufacturing problem of a batch rather than a design problem.
if i buy any local company Usb it is better than Sandisk…i use it few month and it is givig error write protected…send me solution
Hi,
I want to know about how to remove write-protection from my san disk 4GB pen drive…
I want the permanent solution for that…
Click on the link in the post directly above yours and follow the advice given.
I know this is an old thread, no fix sill…
Clearly a firmware problem, these devices contain an internal soft switch, only the manufacturer can reset, sandisk is unwilling to help, they could release tool to reset to default.but this way they sell more instead of reset…
Or an electrical problem, like a chip or circuit burned out.
And since SanDisk provides a free replacement including shipping how are they selling more???
You’re not a business major are you. :smileyvery-happy:
m having the same problem
what to doo
انا الفلاشة بتعتي محمية ومش عيزة تتفرمت اية الحل
@medoessam wrote:
انا الفلاشة بتعتي محمية ومش عيزة تتفرمت اية الحل
This really isn’t the place for religious or political commentary. And if this is some attempt at covert communication between those planning terrorist attacks or other nefarious activities, it has been reported.
Ok.
I have this same problem with my Cruze Glide 32GB. I hate to say it, I think it IS the product. It’s certainly not a result of removing the drive (in my case) To wit:
I formated the drive to NTFS this morning. No particular reason, other than I’m more comfortable with it. Then, I copied some 10G of data onto it. (music, if you must know). I had to take a breake for a few hours ( about 7 ) then went back to that laptop to finish copying. Drive was still in the port, computer was still on (no indication that it had re-powered in my absence). I attempted to add more files, and was immediately greeted with the “disk is write protected” message.
Since then, I’ve tried a zillion reformat / shred / you name it applications. I’ve dinked with the registry. I’ve tried the drive on multiple systems - both physical and operating - each and every system declares the drive as write protected. Ergo, it’s something on the drive.
And, so far, I’ve found exactly zilch that would let me modify any write protect scheme on the drive itself - everything is pointed at working through the O/S. Not a lot of help, in this instance.
ok. i’d posted before I read the entire thread.
The whole thing seems to boil down to three problems:
Windows 7 screw up
Other software screw up
Hardware screw up
If the problem persists on multiple operating systems (mac/linux/windows) it’s most likely hardware. If you are still under warranty, replace it free from Scandisk. Otherwise, just plain replace it.
If it’s software, there are several different fixes - from adjusting the registry to playing with badass tools like Check Flash
I’d like to see a post at the VERY START of this thread with a description of the various problems with the various solutions. (many other forums I attend do this, it’s a great idea) This could cut down on the huge stack of “me too” posts, and provide information right up front.
Just an idea for improving the forum.
Me… I’m going to have to go buy somebody else’s device. Not about to buy yet another ScanDisk (this is the fifth one in a year to fail - though the fist to fail with the ‘write protect’ error)
my best to all
The solution to your problem is posted in the posting above yours.
Interesting scenario as to how it occurred. I wonder if the laptop going into hibernation triggered something. Or a low battery. Or a power spike/surge if it was plugged in.
BTW NTFS adds overhead to flash drives and slows it down. It should only be used if you need to write files larger than 4GB to the drive.
Hi i spoke to scandisk customer support today and they are arranging a replacement drive.
If you can remember where you purchased it from then tell them it was a birthday present.
Scandisk customer service was spot on ![]()
Regards
Greg
The Burnt Welly Show
how can i remove write protected or format my flash Cruzer Blade 32gb
Did you read any of the previous posts in this thread? ![]()
We has collect a number of Sandisk customers who bought Sandisk products here in Sweden and we now drag the fraud company Sandisk to court just to tell them that´s not ok to treath the customer the way the do.
So, if you are a swedish unhappy Sandisk customer, contact me at: lennart.andreasson@swedenmail.com
A limited number of users??? The original post was in 2012, now I am having the same problem, with a deadline fast approaching, I now need to go purchase a flashdrive because of a problem SanDisk knew about last year. Thanks, but I will not be purchasing another SanDisk product.
> Interesting scenario as to how it occurred.
I used a “SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0” with 32 GB size, two month old, for booting linux and as root-disk. The drive was divided in partitons and ext4 was used as file-system. It was connected to a USB 2.0 port. After starting the real usage of the machine, the next day the drive swiched to “read-only-mode”. I managed to get the data back using dd and copy the image on a other free drive.
Linux has logged all the 13797 defect sectors during the dd command
Nov 2 23:41:31 xxx kernel: [469250.583218] end_request: I/O error, dev sdh, sector 248288
Nov 2 23:41:33 xxx kernel: [469252.619227] end_request: I/O error, dev sdh, sector 248344
[…]
Nov 3 06:00:49 donald kernel: [492007.839117] end_request: I/O error, dev sdh, sector 27920568
Yes, it takes 6 hours to read the drive on a other system, using an USB 3.0 Port.
All listed sectors can be devided by 8 without a rest, so maybe one chip failed. Most sectors are in second half of the drive, hopefully I did not get a faked drive.
Here is the output of lsusb:
Bus 008 Device 002: ID 0781:5581 SanDisk Corp.
As the drive contains sensitive infrastructure data, I can not give it back to the dealer. I used the drive only with Linux, so it is not a problem with Windows.
I did not find anything relevant in the logs before the failure. The log was written to the affected drive, so I have no logs from the beginning of the probelem itself.
I hope this helps a litte bit to find the problem.