Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Sport Plus and Clip Voice. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Sport Plus/Voice, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has released firmware version 2.13 for the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice. Download links and the release notes are available below.
SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice Firmware 2.13 Download and Installation instructions
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice to your computer.
• Download and save the upgrade.hex file from the following link to a folder on your computer. - Click here to download
• Drag the file to the root directory of your SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice
• Disconnect the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Sport Plus/Voice on, Select your language and region preference
• Once it is back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 2.13"
SanDisk Clip Sport Plus/Voice Release notes
This new firmware has various enhancements and bug fixes, including key fixes listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again for 1 second to restart
New Changes since 2.12
Add the ON/OFF press time from default 250ms to 2s to fix the abnormal power off and reboot issue
New Changes since 2.09
Improve Podcast Audio duration display
.aac file shows incorrect playback time
FM frequency jumps below the standard FM lower frequency range once all channels are deleted
User is unable to remove an FM channel when there are 30 preset channels
.m4a format long duration songs are not playing
Some bit rate .wma files are not playing
Sorting by track number
Device fails to show Track no in ascending order if the albums contain >7 songs
New Changes since 2.02
Clip Sport Plus will go to sleep when bluetooth connection is lost and not reconnected
Improved Bluetooth compatibility with AVRCP devices that pause and resume
Fixed AAC playback time showing incorrect duration
Fixed playback issue with lossy M4A files
New changes since 1.10
• Added Audible (.aax) support