Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Sport. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Sport, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk Clip Sport Firmware 1.38 Download and Installation instructions
SanDisk has released firmware version 1.38 for the SanDisk Clip Sport. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Sport before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your SanDisk Clip Sport to your computer.
• Download and save the upgrade.hex file linked above to folder on your computer.
• Drag the file to the root directory of your SanDisk Clip Sport
• Disconnect the SanDisk Clip Sport and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Sport on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 1.38".
SanDisk Clip Sport Release notes
This new firmware has various enhancements and bug fixes, including key fixes listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again for 1 second to restart
New changes since 1.36
• Fixed issue where the end of Audible Enhanced Format (.aax) files were cut off
• Fixed Fast Forward and rewind issue with .aac file
New changes since 1.29
• Improved GUI translations
New changes since 1.27
- Fixed issue where the Clip Sport is not detected by Audible manager
New changes since 1.22
• Improved sorting spec for Audiobooks and podcasts. Track number sorting is now supported
• Fixed OGG file playback and “File format can’t support” issue
• Improved Compatibility with some micro-SD cards (Fix the 24MHz Clock in High Speed Mode)
New changes since 1.17
• Fixed playback issue of some FLAC and OGG Vorbis files
New changes since 1.09
• Added Key Lock (Press and Hold Back Button for 2 seconds to enable Key lock, Press and hold back button 2 seconds to disable Key lock)
• Added Track number sorting using ID3 tags
• Notification translations and clarity improved
• Shuffle algorithm improved
• Battery notifications added
• Maximum database size supported is now 2000 objects for internal memory and 2000 objects for external memory
• Sorting tracks by Genre is no longer available