SanDisk Clip NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN because of DEAFENING FM VOLUME - Consumer Safety Warning

The next firmware release will dramatically extend the lowest volume setting so this will become a non-issue.  Its about to enter QA testing.

Cheers -
SansaFix

Yeeepeee!!

Sansafix, that’s great news :slight_smile: May I ask when the new firmware is estimated to be released?

Separately it was stated, 2-3 weeks; under QA right now.

Thanx Miikerman, I did happen to see Sansafix’s post(after I asked) stating 2-3 weeks for the next release. I’ll need to use my mother’s winxp computer to install it, but I’ll be waiting with baited breath. Hopefully, the release isn’t delayed! Then again, that would only mean they’re taking the extra time to get it right :wink:

Just wondering… once I install the firmware updater, do I just plug in the player & it automatically updates the firmware?

That’s how it’s supposed to work.  It doesn’t work for my home computer and I read, once, that Updater doesn’t like dial-up.

Note that when you use Updater, it’s always loaded on your computer, just waiting for you (and using computer resources).  Some people don’t like that.  I find it easier just to come here and get the firmware (it will be posted, in the sticky above), unzip the file, and simply move the file over to the player’s directory.

Thanx again, Miikerman… Good to know it’ll be posted here in a zip file, that’ll make things easier. At least I won’t have to borrow a window$ computer. I did hear the updater runs in the background, but it could be uninstalled between updates so that it doesn’t eat up the resources. I’ll still use the zip file, anyway… Thanx again, you’ve been very helpful!