Sandisk Clip Jam

Lock feature:  I know on the Sport that if I press the Back Button for a couple of seconds (after the display is on), I can lock/unlock the player.

Does anyone know if the Jam has a lock feature?

@chattanooga1800 wrote:

Lock feature:  I know on the Sport that if I press the Back Button for a couple of seconds (after the display is on), I can lock/unlock the player.

Does anyone know if the Jam has a lock feature?

Yes this is the same functionality the Jam has

Hello. New here and new to SanDisk MP3 players.

This may be the MP3 player that converts me from the iPod Shuffle. I actually ordered it on a whim after yet another malfunction of my Shuffle. Today I tried it out with a short audiobook. It was nice to see the chapter number and how far I was into the book. I plan on loading it up with a library full of books.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get podcasts onto the Jam and I’ll be all set.

Does anyone know if anyone is making a screen protector for the Jam yet?

Easiest way to transfer content to the SanDisk Clip/Sport/Jam players:  good old copy and paste/drag and drop.

The Audible Manager automatically loads Audible content onto the Jam. Everything else is drag and drop. I do like being able to put my content in the folder I want it in. iTunes kept wanting to classify books on CD as music which made it impossible to pick up where I left off without a lot of work.

Audible Manager stopped working with the Jam. However, I can still drag and drop, so it is not that big a deal.

However, according to the reviews at Amazon, most people seem to be unable to get the Jam to work with Audible at all. I don’t think it is a bad little MP3 player, so I hate to see so many people having trouble with it.

The issue with Audible Manager has been resolved. Audible had not added the Jam to their compatible player list. If you are still getting a Player not compatible error in the Audible manager uninstall and reinstall the Audible manager and it should work after that. 

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta

Audible seems to have an unfortunate history of delay in updating its compatible players list; if I recall correctly, this happened with the Cip Zip as well.

Audible Manager worked for a few days and then stopped, although I could still drag-and-drop Audible books to my Jam - although it appears that many others couldn’t even do that… Today, Audible Manager worked fine.

I know MP3 players aren’t as popular as they once were, but it still seems a bit negligent of Audible not to keep the list of compatible players up-to-date.

@robinj wrote:

. . . but it still seems a bit negligent of Audible not to keep the list of compatible players up-to-date.

Absolutely agree.

Why does the Jam get 7 hours less battery life than the Sport? Don’t they both use a 220 mah battery? If anything, I would think the display on the Sport consumes more power than the Jam display. I am confused.

Anyone here have photos of both disassembled?

So does that mean it supports Vorbis Ogg files (like the Clip Sport) does?

This is not mentioned in the user manual …:cry:

Disregard question …

I found this SanDisk Clip Sport/Jam supported file types

Why does the clip Jam get shorter battery life than the Clip Sport? Some have mentioned that both have a 220 mah battery and are built on the same platform. If anything, I would expect that the display on the Clip Sport uses more power than that of the Clip Jam… Perhaps the battery in the Jam isn’t 220 mah? i have seen photos of the Clip Sport disassembled, and the battery is in fact 220 mah. I haven’t seen photos of the Jam disassembled though.

I bought a Sansa Clip Jam 8G and i was using it the other day and pressed the off button to turn it off, but a Lock picture showed up and after that i have not been able to turn it on. I tried pressing the “back” button for 2 seconds or more and even the power button, but nothing seems to get it back to normal - no display shows. I bought this in March this year and need to know how i can either get this fixed or replaced.  I have attached my receipt.