Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Jam. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Jam, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has released firmware version 1.15 for the SanDisk Clip Jam. Download links and the release notes are available below.
SanDisk Clip Jam Firmware 1.15 Download and Installation instructions
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Jam before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your SanDisk Clip Jam to your computer.
• Download and save the upgrade.hex file linked above to a folder on your computer.
• Drag the file to the root directory of your SanDisk Clip Jam
• Disconnect the SanDisk Clip Jam and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Jam on, Select your language and region preference
• Once it is back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 1.15".
SanDisk Clip Jam Release notes
This new firmware has various enhancements and bug fixes, including key fixes listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again for 1 second to restart
New changes since 1.13
- Improved FW stability and error recovery
New changes since 1.12
Fixed aac total time display wrong issue
Fixed the long duration m4a file playback
FM frequency jumps below the standard FM lower frequency range once all channels are deleted from a FULL preset list
New changes since 1.10
- Fixed issue where the end of Audible Enhanced Format (.aax) files were cut off
- Fix Fast Forward and rewind issue with .aac file
New changes since 1.05
• Improved GUI translations
New changes since 1.03
- Add track number sorting for ogg files.
- Fixed track number sorting issue for Audiobooks
- Add AFI.bin for ogg file FF/FB “File format not supported” issue.
3. Add AFI.bin for ogg can’t playback (random issue).