Sandisk 55ae 1tb shows no data on pc and will not connect to mac

Sandisk 55ae will show no data. I have tried a few things to fix it. I also will not connect to a mac to format.

Hi @swaggscribe,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

If your SanDisk 55AE SSD isn’t displaying data and isn’t connecting to your Mac for formatting, you can consider using data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to attempt to recover your files. EaseUS may help you retrieve your data even if the drive is not recognized.

However, if the drive has hardware issues, you should contact SanDisk support for further assistance, as EaseUS won’t fix hardware problems.

I’ve been a SanDisk user for a while now, and recently I’ve run into some issues with my 55ae model. Despite my efforts to fix it, the device simply won’t show any data, and I’ve been unable to connect it to my Mac to format it. It’s been a frustrating experience, to say the least.

However, during my search for a solution, I stumbled upon a helpful giveaway by EaseUS. I would highly recommend checking it out if you’re facing similar issues with your SanDisk device. It’s always a relief to find resources like this that can make our lives a little easier. Thank you, EaseUS!