Sandisk 4GB Ultra II Compactflash Memory Card (15mb/s) Capacity Problem

I have Canon EOS 350D (Rebel XT) and Sandisk 4GB Ultra II Compactflash Memory Card (15mb/s) and I have been using this card with my camera almost for 3 years. 

I didn’t have any problems and it worked super until now.

This is my problem : I am inserting my  Sandisk  4GB Ultra II Compactflash Memory Card (15mb/s) to my camera and start shooting. After 70-80 pictures it says CF card is full !

When I insert the card into my computer’s card reader (Which has been the same computer and same card reader) it shows like 1 GB of the card is full but when I check the properties of the card on my PC it shows 4GB capacity… 

I already formatted (FAT32) and tried it but same results… It gets only 1 GB worth of photos… 

I tried formatting in different formats eX, FAT, FAT32… Same result… 

I don’t know if it is related but 3 months ago I bought a USB card reader so I can transfer my photos to my laptop when i am traveling… It’s called Sunpak 72 in 1 card reader… I used my card with this reader and it is reading fast like HELL !!! I was very happy with it but now I am thinking if this card reader is causing anyting ?? I don’t know maybe not relevant… 

So what do you guys think ? What can be the problem and what could be the solution ? 

Thank you in advanced… 

Best Regards…

anybody ?

here is something you can try to test the card. put it in the computer and format it. make sure the card is showing the correct amount of avaible space. this should be 3.75GB of something similar. if it is showing corectly then use the computer and copy data to the card. fill the card completly full. then look at the properties and see if the card can be filled to capacity.  

1 Like

It does and it works full capacity now ! Thanks a lot !

i just bought an ultra 4gb sandisk card. i used it without formating. took about 29 pictures and then it said card cannot be used.  I downloaded pics to computer and tried formating card in camera. it still says card cannot be used? i see on here people saying to format on computer? how do i do that? i am using a Nikon d70s camera