Rockbox for the Fuze V1 "Unstable" release

http://themes.rockbox.org/

You can install them the same as installing a new rockbox build (unzip to your sansa, merge with the existing .rockbox folder).  Alternatively, you can probably use the latest rbutil release to install them automatically, but I haven’t tried it yet on the fuze. 

I believe it was mentioned, the RB themes for the iRiver H3xx  and iPod color work fine on the fuze

Also, anyone else see video playback glitches? As an example video try the Elephant Dreams video mentioned on the RB site.

I see a flash of a partial screen every few seconds…  does anyone else see that? (I tried both from  internal and uSHhc memory). The glitches always happen at the same time in playback… for example in the Elephant dreams video there are 3 or 4 durring the opening credits. It’s not the video file itself as it plays back fine on my pc

Message Edited by timn on 09-24-2009 02:21 PM

@timn wrote:

I believe it was mentioned, the RB themes for the iRiver H3xx  and iPod color work fine on the fuze

Yep, both iRiver H3xx and iPod Color have the same screen resolutions as the Fuze (220 x 176 pixels). The themes for those players work fine on the Fuze.

The brushed metal WPS is very nice. It suits my silver Fuze well.

Beware: LucidLore may lock up your player.

It did on mine.

So I assumed that, to install multiple themes, I just unzip them to a temp directory in my HDD, and paste them into the rockbox folder in my fuze via msc mode ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Update : it works =D, anyway, is there a shorter way to access eq from playing now screen ?
Everytime I listen to a different genre, I musti go to setting ------> sound setting -------->browse eq presets, while in the of, it’s more shorter, just go to-----> eq ----------->select preset

Message Edited by paleskin on 09-28-2009 03:59 AM

Message Edited by paleskin on 09-28-2009 04:00 AM

Or use the rockbox installer… there you can view what the themes look like before installing

@timn wrote:
Or use the rockbox installer… there you can view what the themes look like before installing

Is that working for the ‘unofficial’ Fuze/e200v2 RB port now?

Most of the time.

@tapeworm wrote:

You are still stuck on ‘unofficial’, unlike Rockbox.

RockboxUtility lists preliminary support for the Fuze in version 1.2.3 (released 2009-09-20)

@7o9 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

RockboxUtility lists preliminary support for the Fuze in version 1.2.3 (released 2009-09-20)

Really? Copied/pasted directly from the Rockbox site:

Stable ports

Rockbox runs well on these players, has a complete manual and is supported by the installer:

• Apple : 1st through 5.5th generation iPod, iPod Mini and 1st generation iPod Nano
    (not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd/4th gen Nano, Classic or Touch)
  • Archos : Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and Ondio
  • Cowon : iAudio X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3 and M3L
  • iriver : iHP100 series, H100 series, H300 series and H10 series
  • Olympus : M:Robe 100
  • SanDisk : Sansa c200 series, e200 series and e200R series (not the v2/AMS models)
  • Toshiba : Gigabeat X and F series (not the S series)

Unstable ports

Rockbox runs on these players, but is incomplete, less usable or has problems that limit it to advanced users:

Maybe I should have used the word ‘unstable’, but that still equates to ‘unofficial’ in my way of thinking.

@tapeworm wrote:

@7o9 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Maybe I should have used the word ‘unstable’, but that still equates to ‘unofficial’ in my way of thinking.

The point hes trying to make is that your way of thinking is incorrect.   Its official in that its a release and not just some binary some random person compiled and posted that may or may not work.

What’s the current status of microSDHC support?  This has been the main factor preventing me from giving Rockbox a try.  It looks like the devs made some good progress recently, but is anyone here currently using a microSDHC card with Rockbox?  How’s it working for you?

Also, is my understanding correct that USB does not currently work in Rockbox?  Which I assume means you have to boot the original FW to charge/sync?  I guess not a showstopper, but might get a little annoying.

One more question: how’s battery life with Rockbox?  I’ve read about Rockbox ports for other players where the early builds had a major negative impact on battery life.  Is that the case with the Fuze port?

Thanks.

Skinjob, check the first post of this thread, the first ‘known issue’ is about battery life. I think I charge mine more often now I use Rockbox but it is not a crazy reduction.

Charging works fine with Rockbox but unless you hold the center button connecting the usb cable will reboot you into the original firmware.

I have had very little problems reading/playing from my SDHC card. I never do any writing/deleting on it through Rockbox but always in Windows using it as an MSC device to change the music on the card.

Message Edited by 7o9 on 10-01-2009 10:20 AM

I’ve had no problems with my card, and I have done some writing and deleting.  The battery life doesn’t seem too different to me to be honest.

Okay, so are you telling me that Rockbox is officially supported now? If so, When you install it, can you switch to the original firmware and back by simply turning it off and back on? I could use that.

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Okay, so are you telling me that Rockbox is officially supported now? If so, When you install it, can you switch to the original firmware and back by simply turning it off and back on? I could use that.

Yeah, see the first post, you have to use the OF since theres no USB support.   

Does this still void the warranty? If not, what are the chances of it screwing up? 

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Does this still void the warranty? If not, what are the chances of it screwing up? 

See the first post.  Again, I really recommend you read the entire thing.  Jumping into modding without reading the big, bold warning text isn’t the smartest thing to do . . .

You can simply reinitialize the database it will correct the problem. I do had the same problem and sorted it out in this way.