restor data that was backed up in SANDISK ULTRA LOOP USB MEMORY STICK to SANDISK ULTRA FLAIR

i had a SANDISK ULTRA LOOP USB MEMORY STICK that is now missing.
i have the backup files in my dasktop computer.

i now got a new ultra flair 64GB flashdrive and i can’t restore the data from the saved file.
*it may be important to manssion that the privet access was updated to

i copyed the old backup file to the new location

but the privetaccess do not recognize it

please help :frowning:

You backed up the encrypted files, you should have backed up the data files you had inside the PrivateAccess app. And to keep the backup files safe zip them to a password protected zip file.

Backing up the PrivateAccess encrypted files doesn’t work. Image if someone got ahold of your memory stick and copied the encrypted files to a separate drive that they then tried to decrypt. Good encryption would prevent that from happening and PrivateAccess is good encryption.

#SanDiskUserRewards

sorry but i am not sure i understand your answer
if i have files that i want to back up , privetaccess does not back it up ?
or it back up an encrypted file than no one can decrypt ?
or is there another file that was created during the encryption that i need to find in order to save my data ?

PrivateAccess writes your files to an encrypted vault. Should you loose the drive or segments of the vault or the PrivateAccess app or forget the PrivateAccess’s password your files will no longer be accessible on the USB drive. Hopefully you still have your original files on your harddrive.

#SanDiskUserRewards