Questions concerning charging a Fuze with AC power

(I realize my first question has been asked before but I don’t think there was a clear cut consensus on any threads I looked at.)

I would like to plug the Fuze into a wall socket with an AC adapter for 8-10 hours a day.  Will this cause the internal battery to overcharge or overheat? 

After I’ve plugged the Fuze into a wall socket with an AC adapter and the battery has fully charged, if I wish to leave the Fuze plugged in and play music is the Fuze drawing power directly from AC or is it drawing power directly from the internal battery?  In other words, is the internal battery supplying any power to the Fuze if I’m playing music while the Fuze is plugged into the wall?

Lastly, after several years of use (hypothetically) and the internal battery is no longer able to hold any charge (it has permanently died) will I still be able to plug the Fuze into a wall socket and be able to play it as long as it’s plugged in?

1. The battery will stop charging when it’s full and not overheat. Just make sure you are using a Sansa connector, not an iPod connector, which will indeed destroy the Fuze. 

2. Does it matter? The battery should stay fully charged.

Can’t answer 3). After 2 years plus of daily use, my battery is still recharging fine.

Black Rectangle said:  “2) Does it matter? The battery should stay fully charged.”

Actually, yes, it matters to me.  Question 2 was the main reason I posted a message.  I asked it because I’m concerned about the overall lifetime of the battery (in months/years).  If the Fuze is plugged into the wall I hope it’s running directly off of AC and not relying at all on the internal battery.  I don’t want the overall lifetime of the internal battery to be affected if I’m hooked up to AC.   

Thanks for responding.  I appreciate any help you can offer.