purchashing a sandisk mp3 player & a sansa mp3 player home & car kit- modle # sku-sdamxcblkit1-g10

i,m wanting to buy a sandisk mp3 player & sansa mp3 home & car kit. i just purchased a 2011 chevy malibu lt about a week ago. the stereo ststem that came with car has a 6 disk cd changer but it has no usb ports. it does have a 3.5mm 18 inch port for a headphone. iv,e been told i can use a mp3 player in 3.5mm headphone port. i have a sony walkman & i bought a belkin cable with male ends on both sides of the cable. iplugged one end into the earhone of the walkman & the other end into the 3.5mm port to the headphone of the car stereo system but only had music come out of the walkman.i thought i,d ask all the pepole on here what type of sandisk mp3 player would be best for me to buy. & if anyone has used the sansa mp3 player home & car kit to be able to play a mp3 player on my car stereo system. so i hope you all arn,t shy & give me your honest opinions. thank you all. sonnyg1304 from kansas.

@sonnyg1304 wrote:

i,m wanting to buy a sandisk mp3 player & sansa mp3 home & car kit. i just purchased a 2011 chevy malibu lt about a week ago. the stereo ststem that came with car has a 6 disk cd changer but it has no usb ports. it does have a 3.5mm 18 inch port for a headphone. iv,e been told i can use a mp3 player in 3.5mm headphone port. i have a sony walkman & i bought a belkin cable with male ends on both sides of the cable. iplugged one end into the earhone of the walkman & the other end into the 3.5mm port to the headphone of the car stereo system but only had music come out of the walkman. i thought i,d ask all the pepole on here what type of sandisk mp3 player would be best for me to buy. & if anyone has used the sansa mp3 player home & car kit to be able to play a mp3 player on my car stereo system. so i hope you all arn,t shy & give me your honest opinions. thank you all. sonnyg1304 from kansas.

If your stereo has a headphone jack that means the signal is going out , not in. The only way to play music from your mp3 player through the car’s stereo is if the stereo unit has either a USB port (which you said it doesn’t) or an AUX IN jack.

Typically, if you have a jack on the face (head unit), with modern car radios this will be an auxiliary input jack.

Check the “select” or “source” options on your radio, there will be AM / FM of course, then CD, then AUX or simply INPUT.  After selecting “AUX”, bring the volume up a little, and then connect the Sansa via a double-male 3.5mm stereo mini plug cable.

These little cables are as common as mushrooms these days, available from many local shops.

Start the Sansa playing, then bring up the volume gradually on the device.  Typically, when using a portable player with a car stereo, you should set the volume on the device between 75% and 100%, making the main adjustment at the car stereo’s volume control.

I have used just about every model Sansa as an auxiliary source, and they all work great.  They also work well with an FM radio modulator if you don’t have an AUX input.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: