Protective case for Sansa Clip: Suggestions?

I picked up an 8GB Clip today ($50 Wally World special). Any suggestions for a protective case?

@aubreyq wrote:
I picked up an 8GB Clip today ($50 Wally World special). Any suggestions for a protective case?

Go to Amazon.com and type “sansa clip accessories” in their search bar, and you’ll get a ton of options :smiley:

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but I think it’s appropriate here.  I’m no dummy, but I’ve yet figured out how to safely remove the clip from the Sansa clip.  I know the procedure, mine just doesn’t want to cooperate.  Anyway, I didn’t want to force the issue and break or crack the clip.

I just ordered a silicon case for the clip that is similar to the one for the fuze.  Will the case fit without taking off the clip?

I know I could wait and see what the case looks like when it arrives, I’m just planning my options at this point…:wink:

I had a glass of wine and then was brave enough to tackle the clip again… It came off perfectly, with quite a bit of force.  At this point I’ll leave it off until my case arrives, as I have 2 other Sansas in the family…

@marvin_martian wrote:

Go to Amazon.com and type “sansa clip accessories” in their search bar, and you’ll get a ton of options :smiley:

Thanks. I was actually hoping to read from the forum community to see what they prefer and what i should stay away from.

@aubreyq wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Thanks. I was actually hoping to read from the forum community to see what they prefer and what i should stay away from.

Well, I’ve never put a case of any sort on my Clip, and it’s never gotten scratched, or anything of the sort. Sorry :smiley:

seriously, there is absolutely no need to put anything on the clip… it’s so small and light it won’t get hurt by dropping, the screen isn’t used for hi-def video and the plastic is pretty scratch-resistant anyway so no point protecting that… and if the worst happens - the player is $50!! :))

@volando wrote:
seriously, there is absolutely no need to put anything on the clip… it’s so small and light it won’t get hurt by dropping, the screen isn’t used for hi-def video and the plastic is pretty scratch-resistant anyway so no point protecting that… and if the worst happens - the player is $50!! :))

I always get silicon cases for all of my Sansas.  Not so much for protection, but for the “grippy” feel they give the players.

@volando wrote:

You are right. My first Clip has been used daily since the beginning of October, sometimes even tossed in a backpack, and it’s still looking good:smiley:

Lots of threads on this–you may want to use the search box above.

Here’s a recent and helpful thread.  http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=15493&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I’ve reviving this thread because I got one of my silicon protective cases in the mail today, and I wanted to report that I love it.  It is the same kind of material used for my 2 fuzes, but designed for the clip.  All controls and connections are completely accessible with the case on and it is very lightweight.

I’m glad I got it and am looking forward in getting the second one for our second clip.  In short, if you are looking for a protective case, the silicon ones do the job nicely…

One thing to watch out for, with the silicon skins…on the ones I got, there is no cutout for the voice recorder microphone.  I had to punch a small hole in the top of the skin in order to expose the microphone.  It’s no big deal, but something you might need to address.

@derron wrote:
One thing to watch out for, with the silicon skins…on the ones I got, there is no cutout for the voice recorder microphone.  I had to punch a small hole in the top of the skin in order to expose the microphone.  It’s no big deal, but something you might need to address.

I won’t have to.  I’ve amassed hundreds of small recording devices over the years and have plenty of other recording options at my disposal; so that is one thing I don’t use with my sansas…:smiley: