Protection for Sansa Clip?

Hey guys, so I finally picked up an 8GB clip and so far I love it.  But…

OMG does the front of it (the part with the screen) attract dust, dirt, and worst of all fingerprints.

Is there any sort of skin or some other shell-like protection that can be placed or wrapped around on the Clip?

Message Edited by Warrior1986 on 02-28-2009 09:41 AM

Two principal cases:  silicone case, available all over in many muted colors (they all seem to be the same case, or very similar)–pcmicrostore.com (coupon codes and sales often available), ebay (often the best deal), Amazon.com, Best Buy, etc.; DLO neoprene Action Jacket–available at least at Best Buy, nice but more expensive than the silicone case (it should be less, in my humble opinion).  Earlier, i-nique sold a nice tiny leather case as well; unclear if it’s available anywhere now.

Two principal cases:  silicone case, available all over in many muted colors (they all seem to be the same case, or very similar)–pcmicrostore.com (coupon codes and sales often available), ebay (often the best deal), Amazon.com, Best Buy, etc.; DLO neoprene Action Jacket–available at least at Best Buy, nice but more expensive than the silicone case (it should be less, in my humble opinion).  Earlier, i-nique sold a nice tiny leather case as well; unclear if it’s available anywhere now.

Welcome, and congratulations on a great mini-player and deal!

:slight_smile:

I just saw that i-nique leather case for it, and that’s the one I’ve gotta have.  But tried searching for it on eBay and other places, and no luck so far.

The only other case I’ve found for it is this one, but I’d much rather have that leather case one with the carbinger.

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-skin-cover-Sandisk-Sansa/dp/B001QJ04GE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235848376&sr=1-7

Message Edited by Warrior1986 on 02-28-2009 11:20 AM

I never bothered with a case for my first Clip…bought last October. It does attract fingerprints, but they wipe right off, and it seems very scratch-resistant…I have none yet. But by all means, if it makes you comfortable, go ahead and get one. :smiley:

From a quick ebay search, some great silicone case deals:  3 cases for $5 (including shipping); 6 cases for $8 or $9 (including shipping).

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-SILICONE-SKIN-CASE-FOR-SANDISK-SANSA-CLIP-1GB-2GB-4GB_W0QQitemZ260354533949QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item260354533949&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-SKIN-COLOR-case-for-Sandisk-Sansa-CLIP-MP3-4GB-2GB_W0QQitemZ170306716352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item170306716352&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

@warrior1986 wrote:

I just saw that i-nique leather case for it, and that’s the one I’ve gotta have.  But tried searching for it on eBay and other places, and no luck so far.

I purchased an i-nique leather case last March, as I wanted something “fancier” than the silicone case for use at work, and am glad I did.  It’s small and kinda classy (although could be more protective–it leaves the bottom corners and top edge open, which I would have changed.)  Not an inexpensive case (especially for something this small), but a treat.

i-nique is located in the UK and still sells, but it doesn’t show the Clip case at its site now (I was there a few weeks ago), unfortunately.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 02-28-2009 12:22 PM

@warrior1986 wrote:

I purchased an i-nique leather case last March, as I wanted something “fancier” than the silicone case for use at work, and am glad I did.  It’s small and kinda classy, befitting my silver Clip (although could be more protective–it leaves the bottom corners and top edge open, which I would have changed.)  Not an inexpensive case (especially for something this small), but a treat.

i-nique is located in the UK and still sells, but it doesn’t show the Clip case at its site now (I was there a few weeks ago), unfortunately.

And the DLO Action Jacket, $20 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013HDE3Y

I got that set of 6 silicon sleeves off ebay, They work fine, but, like all silicon, dust and lint clings to them. I have to take them off and wash them frequently or else they look gross.

@miikerman wrote:

And the DLO Action Jacket, $20 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013HDE3Y

I’m getting the FiiO E5, so would this thing be able to hold both the Clip and the E5?

No–it’s form-fitting to the Clip (similar to the silicone cases, in that regard).  There would be no room for the E5.  And the DLO AJ is shaped differently from the E5 and so won’t serve for the E5 alone either.

@alohamora wrote:
I got that set of 6 silicon sleeves off ebay, They work fine, but, like all silicon, dust and lint clings to them. I have to take them off and wash them frequently or else they look gross.

I guess that’s an issue for all the non-leather cases.  Although I have a light blue silicone case and it doesn’t get to looking bad (but I don’t put it in my pocket, where there would be more lint).