Problems accesing files on the vault

I access the vault and see all the files, but when I try to open them I get a window with the following message:

"HINT

Your file will be opened as read-only. To edit, move file outside of vault, open, make changes, save, then drag the updated file back into the vault"

So I hit OK but nothing happens. Then I try to move the file outside the vault and another window opens with the following message:

“RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win has stopped working…”

So I hit “close program” and it closes. If press the right click on the file, select copy and the hit paste in another folder, I get this message:

“Could not find this item.
This is no longer located in G:.securevaulttempfilesRO\280-8099_IMG.JPG.
Verify the item’s location and try again.”

:smiley:    Hi Egoxto00,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please, do not grieve, friend:
Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Macs.
And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.
Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. Use with a Mac requires other software download.

The latest version (April 2014) of SanDiskSecureAccessV2, you can download (free) from here:  

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399
         http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413

1-     Download on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware: If you figure thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , go Tools/Folder Options/tab/View/ and tick: hide file extensions, by the way, you notice, that are also branded the choices: hide files protected, and do not show hidden files and folders.

2-     Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-  SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-   If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as other download, and ready.
2.4-   But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content (maybe with Recuva can recover).
2.5-   If you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   I f you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-   You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You should leave it in the root of the UFD, because that is where the going “find” the application (2.1).

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

:smiley:   Hola Egoxto00,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk, bienvenido.

Por favor, no te aflijas, amigo:

Recuerda que hay dos softwares,  uno para PCs y uno para  Macs.

Y que SanDisk SecureAccess Software, debe ser i_nstalado en la UFD._

Compatibilidad:

SanDisk SecureAccess softwarees  es soportado por Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. El uso en una Mac requiere descargar otro software.

Está la última versión (abril-2014), de SanDiskSecureAccessV2, que puedes descargar (free) de acá:  

1-     Descargas en la UFD, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (si tienes PC).

Cuidado: Si te figura así: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , ir a Herramientas/Opciones de carpeta/pestaña/Ver/ y tildar: ocultar extenciones de archivo, de paso, te fijas que también estén tildadas, las opciones: ocultar archivos protegidos del sistema, y no mostrar archivos y carpetas ocultas.

2-     Entonces, instalas el programa, contraseña, etc. Y tendrás dos archivos:
2.1-   SanDiskSecureAccessV2 _win , (que es la aplicación).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (que es la carpeta que contiene los archivos encriptados).
2.3-   Si pierdes o borras, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), no hay problema, pues descargas otro, y listo.
2.4-   Pero si pierdes o borras a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), perdiste todo el contenido (quizás la puedas recuperar con Recuva).
2.5-   Si, le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la aplicación (2.1).
2.6-   No le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2), porque el nombre, es generado por la aplicación (2.1), y si lo cambias, la aplicación (2.1), no lo va a abrir, y va a generar otro Vault nuevo.
2.7-   Si puedes cambiar de lugar, también, a la aplicación (2.1), a cualquier carpeta.
2.8-   No puedes cambiar de lugar, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2). Debes dejarla en la raíz de la UFD, porque ahí es, dónde la va a ir “a buscar”, la aplicación (2.1).

Cuidado 2: Hacer siempre, backup del contenido, copiar el Vault, clonar a la UFD, etc., y guardar todo, en “lugar seguro”.

Luck, y luego nos cuentas, qué pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

:smiley:    Hi Egoxto00,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please, do not grieve, friend:
Remember that, there are two softwares, one for Windows and one for Mac.
And SanDisk SecureAccess Software you must install in the UFD.
Compatibility:
SanDisk SecureAccess software is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. Use with a Mac requires other software download.

The latest version of SanDiskSecureAccessV2, you can download (free) from here:  

1-     Download on the UFD, to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, (if you have PC).

Beware: If you figure thus: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , go Tools/Folder Options/tab/View/ and tick: hide file extensions, by the way, you notice, that are also branded the choices: hide files protected, and do not show hidden files and folders.

2-     Then, you install the program, password, etc. And you will have two files:
2.1-  SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (the application).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).
2.3-   If you lose or delete to SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), there is no problem, as other download, and ready.
2.4-   But if you lose or delete a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), missed all content (maybe with Recuva can recover).
2.5-   If you can change the name, the application (2.1).
2.6-   Do not you can change the name, the folder/Vault (2.2), because the name is generated by the application (2.1), and if you change it, the application will not open, and will generate a new Vault.
2.7-   I f you can move on, too, to the application (2.1), a any folder.
2.8-   You can not move the folder/Vault (2.2). You should leave it in the root of the UFD, because that is where the going “find” the application (2.1).

Beware 2: Always make, backup content, copy the Vault, clone the UFD, etc., and save everything in “safe place”.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

:smiley:   Hola Egoxto00,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk, bienvenido.

Por favor, no te aflijas, amigo:

Recuerda que hay dos softwares, uno para PC y uno para  Mac.

Y que SanDisk SecureAccess Software, debe ser instalado en la UFD.

Compatibilidad:

SanDisk SecureAccess softwarees  es soportado por Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.5 and up. El uso en una Mac requiere descargar otro software.

Está la última versión, de SanDiskSecureAccessV2, que puedes descargar (free) de acá:  

1-     Descargar en la UFD, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_ win , (si tienes PC).

Cuidado: Si te figura así: SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win .exe , ir a Herramientas/Opciones de carpeta/pestaña/Ver/ y tildar: ocultar extenciones de archivo, de paso, te fijas que también estén tildadas, las opciones: ocultar archivos protegidos del sistema, y no mostrar archivos y carpetas ocultas.

2-     Entonces, instalas el programa, contraseña, etc. Y tendrás dos archivos:
2.1-   SanDiskSecureAccessV2 _win , (que es la aplicación).
2.2-   SanDiskSecureAccess Vault , (que es la carpeta que contiene los archivos encriptados).
2.3-   Si pierdes o borras, a SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win (2.1), no hay problema, pues descargas otro, y listo.
2.4-   Pero si pierdes o borras a SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (2.2), perdiste todo el contenido (quizás la puedas recuperar con Recuva).
2.5-   Si, le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la aplicación (2.1).
2.6-   No le puedes cambiar el nombre, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2), porque el nombre, es generado por la aplicación (2.1), y si lo cambias, la aplicación (2.1), no lo va a abrir, y va a generar otro Vault nuevo.
2.7-   Si puedes cambiar de lugar, también, a la aplicación (2.1), a cualquier carpeta.
2.8-   No puedes cambiar de lugar, a la carpeta/Vault (2.2). Debes dejarla en la raíz de la UFD, porque ahí es, dónde la va a ir “a buscar”, la aplicación (2.1).

Cuidado 2: Hacer siempre, backup del contenido, copiar el Vault, clonar a la UFD, etc., y guardar todo, en “lugar seguro”.

Luck, y luego nos cuentas, qué pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

So I hit “close program” and it closes. If press the right click on the file, select copy and the hit paste in another folder,

If you close Secure Access you can’t see the files in the vault, so how are you able to “right click on the file”???

Hi alfred and thank you for your help. I installed the V2 but when I try to open a file (a photo in this case) it doesn’t recognize the file type. The symbol to the left of the file number, is a blank folder.

:smiley:   Hi Egoxto00,

Please, do “clean slate”.
Copy to PC, the files you want to keep, that you have on the pendrive (UFD).
Then format the pendrive (UFD), and see if it works well. If not, use another.
So download, SecureAccess again.

Regards, Alfred.                                                              (Google translated)

Ok, just to be clear. When I try to open the file, an “Open With” window opens saying: “Choose the program you want to use to open the file:” and it gives me a list of possible programs. You want me to copy the files to the PC, format the pendrive and copy the files back to it?

I follow your instructions but the problem persists. When I select a program to open the file (Paint for example) it gives me the following message:
“Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported.”

It seems, that the file is corrupted, try to extract it out of the Vault, with “save to” (select the file, and in toolbar, click on File).
If no joy, sorry, do “wipe the slate clean”.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                           (Google translated)

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by “wipe the clean slate”?

_ Excuse me, for the translation. _

It seems, that the file is corrupted, try to extract it out of the Vault, with “save to” (select the file, and in toolbar of My Vault, click on File).
If no joy, sorry, do “wipe the slate clean”.

Parece, que el archivo está dañado, intente extraerlo del Vault, con “salvar a” (seleccionar el archivo, y en la barra de  herramientas de Mi Vault, haga clic en File).
Si no hay alegría, lo siento, hacer “borrón y cuenta nueva”.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by “wipe the clean slate”?

Perdón por mi ignorancia, pero ¿qué quiere decir con " borrón y cuenta nueva"?

Excuse me, for the translation.

Start from scratch.

If the problem persists, clean the pendrive (erase its contents).

Then install SandiskSecureAccess again, and read my first post again.

Disculpe usted, por la traducción.

Empezar de cero.

Si el problema persiste, limpiar la pendrive (borrar su contenido).

Luego, instalar SandiskSecureAccess nuevamente, y lea mi primer mensaje, otra vez.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                       (Google translate)

When I select a program to open the file (Paint for example) it gives me the following message:
"Paint cannot read this file. This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported.

To the best of my knowledge the only thing that reads or writes files in the vault is Secure Access.  If you want Paint to access a file in the vault you must first use Secure Access to write it to a place outside the vault where Paint can then access it.