Problem with my downloaded audiobooks (Synchronize files to continue music subscription)

Hi all,

I got my Sansa Fuze about a month ago specifically because it was compatible with my free library downloadable audiobooks. Now this is the second time I have had this problem. Last weekend I called the support line, which at this time is closed (and let me add I think that’s really lame – so many of us can’t call during work hours and do our thing on the weekend), and the technician walked me through the solution, which worked. I downloaded my audiobooks and had no problem. However, today I downloaded two new audiobooks, and suddnly I am having the same problem again. What happens is that I listen to one or two chapters and then it stops, and I get a message saying Synchronize files to continue music subscription. Last weekend the technician walked me through the steps to resolve the issue, and I think I remember them, so I could probably do the same thing - it had to do with the USB setting and licensing. (On a related issue, both Rhapsody and Overdrive Media Console, which is the audiobook software, won’t even read my Sansa unless it’s on MSD – this may be due to my computer, which is very old and slow). But: I have spent hours now loading music onto my Sansa, and his steps involved deleting everything and rebooting, basically. I really do not want to have to go through this every time I want to download an audiobook from the library. Can someone help? Seriously, if I have to go through this every time, I’m going to return this and get something else. I should add, just as an FYI, that my Internet connection is pretty limited; it’s only available on weekends for reasons I won’t go into, so even though I’ve had this thing for a month, I’ve only had about 6 days to really work with it online, and it’s likely to be that way for the foreseeable future. My connection is slow and downloading audiobooks takes hours. I have just three days in which to download audiobooks to last me through the week at my hellishly boring job. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

BurnerBella (new user)

BurnerBella here – just want to keep this visible on the page – hoping someone knows the answer…

Thanks!

@burnerbella wrote:

Hi all,

I got my Sansa Fuze about a month ago specifically because it was compatible with my free library downloadable audiobooks. Now this is the second time I have had this problem. Last weekend I called the support line, which at this time is closed (and let me add I think that’s really lame – so many of us can’t call during work hours and do our thing on the weekend), and the technician walked me through the solution, which worked. I downloaded my audiobooks and had no problem. However, today I downloaded two new audiobooks, and suddnly I am having the same problem again. What happens is that I listen to one or two chapters and then it stops, and I get a message saying Synchronize files to continue music subscription. Last weekend the technician walked me through the steps to resolve the issue, and I think I remember them, so I could probably do the same thing - it had to do with the USB setting and licensing. (On a related issue, both Rhapsody and Overdrive Media Console, which is the audiobook software, won’t even read my Sansa unless it’s on MSD – this may be due to my computer, which is very old and slow). But: I have spent hours now loading music onto my Sansa, and his steps involved deleting everything and rebooting, basically. I really do not want to have to go through this every time I want to download an audiobook from the library. Can someone help? Seriously, if I have to go through this every time, I’m going to return this and get something else. I should add, just as an FYI, that my Internet connection is pretty limited; it’s only available on weekends for reasons I won’t go into, so even though I’ve had this thing for a month, I’ve only had about 6 days to really work with it online, and it’s likely to be that way for the foreseeable future. My connection is slow and downloading audiobooks takes hours. I have just three days in which to download audiobooks to last me through the week at my hellishly boring job. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

BurnerBella (new user)

Im guessing your Audiobook issues are due to the Audiobook service. Sansa’s like the Audible service. What I would suggest you do, is look in to that service, and if you get your books from your local library, actually get the Disks for the book, and rip them to your pc in mp3 format, that way you wont need the subscription.