problem loading music

I connect the device and my computer recognizes it. When I try to copy songs to the device I get a message saying the device is disconnected even

though I still see it. I can create and rename folders on the device so I know it is still connected. I can sync the device successfully using WMplayer v11.

I am running Windows XP SP2. I can copy files successfully on another computer that is running windows xp.

Any idea what is not set correctly on the copmputer that will not copy files??

I am having the exact same problem that you are. Did you ever get it to work out? I’ve contacted customer support but have yet to gain a reply…

Are you trying to copy files in MSC mode while the player is actually in MTP mode? Or vice-versa? If you have a v2 unit, go to SETTINGS > USB mode and set it for the correct mode, not AUTO DEFECT (intentionally mis-spelled).

If this is not it, then try checking Device Manager in Windows. If it shows as enabled, try dis-enabling it or deleting it. Re-boot your computer, turn on your Sansa & after it is powered on, plug in the USB cable. This should force Windows to “find the new hardware” and load the correct MTP drivers.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 07-31-2008 03:45 PM

v2 Unit?  We are talking about a Clip right and not the e200 or c200…right?

:dizzy_face: Ooops! My bad! Yes, I forgot where I was. Only the e200 series players have v1 & v2 units. The Clips are ALL essentially the same as v2’s.

Thanks for the heads-up, Reboot, I’ve corrected my previous post.