Problem activating Sandisk clip sport MP3 with Audible

Have already tried to activate through Audible without success.

Purchased this as l was told this was compatible.

Can you help?

Have you consulted the Audible help center and/or download & install the AudibleManger onto your computer?

Yes, l spoke with Audible this morning they can’t help so they suggested l get in touch with you guys Sandisk!

It will not read SD card it says updating media information and freeze the screen will stay locked on that. I have attached several pictures of the screen displays and zoom pictures of the device, as requested. Is there a format that I can download to a SD card or otherwise to reprogram the device? I’ve already done several factory reset.

@getinwearufitin wrote:

It will not read SD card it says updating media information and freeze the screen will stay locked on that. I have attached several pictures of the screen displays and zoom pictures of the device, as requested. Is there a format that I can download to a SD card or otherwise to reprogram the device? I’ve already done several factory reset.

Factory reset will do nothing. All it does is reset the personal settings you have set on the player.

Have you tried formatting the player itself?

hey did you ever sort this out?

Had problem activating my player with Audible as well. What solved it for me was not to use AudibleSync but instead get the Audible app from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 (app named “Audiobooks from Audible”). That app immediately recognized the player and was able to activate and transfer titles to it without any problem.